Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good morning everyone, I had my surgery done Sept 20,2012..I have gained 20 lbs since and I don't know where to start to get it off. I have to admit that I don't exercise. I used to walk at the park but lately I have just been going with the flow eating whatever. I also notice that I can eat more now than before over the last 2 years. Any suggestions on Protein rich foods that can help me stay full longer so that I won't snack as much. Please help!

Go back to your basics, chicken, fish cottage cheese. Remove any 'naughty' Snacks and replace them with good ones. Make sure you are having your Water and try to find an exercise you like. I too am struggling with some regain

Some people here who are far out of surgery and struggling are using the 5:2, with this you fast (500 calories) on 2 days and for the other 5 days you eat a normal diet ( but keep it clean ie plenty Protein and veg). There are some links on the veterans forum.

Like any program maintaining is the hard part. You have done good to come on and ask for help. Good Luck. You did it once and you can do it again.

Go back to 4-5 mini meals a day all starting with Protein, small amount of veggies and that is pretty much it. The idea is eat often enough to prevent that getting too hungry/making bad decisons. I am a big advocate of low carbing and 5:2 also helped me. There are a few of us working on these little regains....

Thanks ladies so much..I was ashamed to say something but I knew I could get help here. Ok I'm going to do chicken and fish and the mini meals..what type of foods do you all eat on a typical day so that I can have some different ideas..for example Breakfast lunch and dinneer and wgat type of snacks..healthy ones? Can you all tell that you can eat more than you initially could the first year out? I work from 8am to 5pm trying to thing of high Protein low fat things I can bring to work to help me during the day and go straight to the track to walk after work for at leat 30 minutes a day then increase..trying to get the scale moving to get these extra pounds back off..

trying to think of .high Protein things I meant

I'll be 2 years out in May and I'm finding that I'm having a bit of trouble maintaining because I'm not watching what I'm eating (too much junk) and I'm not exercising. I'm still at my goal weight of 150, but I had been down to 145. And I'm afraid I'll keep inching up if I'm not careful.

These are the things that are working for me:

• I found some really tasty deli meat at (maple honey glazed turkey) that is yummy. That is a really easy lunch option. I just roll up some meat with cheese. Pair that with some fruit/veggies and I'm happy.
  • I keep healthy, quick Snacks on hand so I don't get too hungry and reach for other things. Mixed nuts, Protein bars, individual cottage cheese, string cheese or baby bell, individual guacamole (100 calorie packs) to go with pretzels.
  • Wild caught Alaskian salmon at Sam's (already marinaded in individual packs) are really good with lots of great Protein. I defrost quickly in a bowl of cool Water and cook for 15 minutes (or cook from frozen - takes about 15 more minutes).
  • Tuna pouches - I eat the flavored ones with just crackers. or mix with some mayo.< /li>
  • I love watching TV, so I try to go to the gym in the evening when a show is on that I want to watch. 30 minutes goes fast for me when I'm engrossed in a show I like.
  • I also bought a country line dance exercise DVD that I plan to do with my kids.
  • When watching TV, at commercial breaks, do planks, push ups, sit ups, wall sits, jumping jacks.

Hope this was helpful:)

THANKS JEN 35!!!

Hi Sleever,

I also gained weight and I will be 3 yrs in on the 4th of September. I remember being told that around this time in out journey we will be faced with this problem (some of us not all), so don't feel bad about it.

Yes, it's time to walk again and get back to basics and the only way I knew to do it was to just get out there and start walking. I did what I did after surgery. I got up walked a little and stopped, walked a little and stopped. With food I went cold turkey on carbs and dairy and began to eat meat, fruit and veggies. There's a book called the whole30 and it helped me to stay on target for the month of June and shed 16 pounds.

Now I'm joining Bariatric Pal to team up with others that are in need of support and I hope you and I can encourage one another. It's better when someone else understands what you're going through, they stay with you longer. My family supported me in the beginning, but it began to get boring to them and they have gone back to eating what they want, I don't have that freedom. I have lost 12 dress sizes and don't want to find them. Let's work together, I know you can do it.

Gigi557

Sadly, I find myself with a gain as well....I know what I should do. Its just a matter of getting my mind set back. My surgery was September 10th 2012 and I just need to get back in the groove of taking care of myself once again. Life gets in the way sometimes with a new grandbaby or a husband that has health issues and you just want to take care of everyone but yourself. I have a bad habit of putting myself on the back burner. I still can't eat very much but I haven't been eating healthy. That is going to change...I am starting over tomorrow. I have 22 pounds to lose! Hello 5:2 plan.