Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am almost done with my six-month medical supervised weight loss plan with my PCP and if approved having surgery with Dr. Kurt Sprunger. Has anyone else used him? Has anyone had their surgery at St. Luke's hospital in Phoenix?

Today's been a good day he had to eat guy in family me and my mama went outside and play

I just had mine done on the 9th at St Luke's by Dr Juarez. :)

I have a consult with him next Wednesday 1/28/15. How has your experience been with him and his office?

I only met him at my initial visit. Monday his front desk girl Melissa submitted my paperwork into my insurance. My insurance has two weeks to respond whether they're going to cover my surgery or not. Everyone has been very nice so far. I will definitely keep you updated with how this experience goes with him.

@holly-wood. How long after you were approved from insurance was your surgery scheduled?

I had mine done on 4/18/14 at St. Luke's by Dr. Juarez.

@@StephanieM It was right away. The day they got the approval, they scheduled it for about three weeks later (in order to give me time for the pre-op work-up at the hospital plus the two-week liquid diet). It all happened very fast from that point.

I will say that THE ONLY reason I went to St. Lukes is because Dr. Juarez is one of the BEST bariatric surgeons and that's the only place he goes. My experience at the hospital was quite horrible, to be honest. I discharged myself the morning after the surgery.... :(

Hi im in Az! WLIA. Are there any local support groups in Gilbert Chandler area?

Surgery scheduled for March 3rd, I start my 2 week liquid diet tomorrow!!! I'm so excited!

@@StephanieM I am SO excited for you!! It's been almost a year for me, but I remember how excited I was at that point. The first few days are hard, but after a while you become used to it and it's 2nd nature. I enjoyed sugar free Jello, popcicles, Powerade zero, and the broth from Pho on a daily basis (in addition to my Protein shakes).

It'll be great! Please keep us posted!!

Anyone actually have surgery by Dr sprunger recently? ? I was told he wasn't doing any surgeries yet as he's not authorized to do them out of at Luke's yet

Hi all, I am actually starting a local support group that actually meets here in Arizona. I have a secret Facebook page where we can keep in contact and plan our meetings. Please message me here if your interested. Pre and post op welcome! Thanks

@@2/2015RN I'm interested!