Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just for fun: Share your most embarrassing plastic surgery moments

Love the comments/advice. I'm having a lower body lift March 2nd. Excited and nervous. I too felt strange in the consult with the open robe, flabby skin touching. And then my eyes about popped out of my head when I saw the photos they took. OH MY my butt really looks like that!! I just can't wait for the mark up day. ????

@@Lisajacs good luck on your surgery! ugh, just wait until 6-mos or a year down the road when you look at those nude before photos... you forget just how bad your body was because you become used to your new body...

@@HumanMerelyBeing yes, Dr. Joseph F. Capella in Ramsey NJ did all of my body contouring. I lived in NJ when I had the TT but have since gone back to him from Indianapolis for additional procedures. The travel is not easy but I could not imagine going to anyone else. I do believe that he is the best at what he does, reconstructing post massive weight loss bodies to normalcy. Plus his prices are good by comparison to other plastic surgeons. I paid $25k for total body contouring. That's nothing to sneeze at but when you see that a lot of surgeons are charging 40% or more than that...

Be sure that you go to a plastic surgeon with deep experience in post massive weight loss plastic surgery. Plastic surgery is a highly competitive field and lots of surgeons are trying to capitalize on the bariatric patient base. There is a lot of heavy marketing that goes on -- I have seen it for myself and other surgeons have told me about it. Worse, I have seen some mediocre results, even some horror stories. Our bodies are far far different from women seeking mommy makeovers. Here is an interview article that I did with Dr. Capella that may help you in identifying the criteria you want to look for when interviewing plastic surgeons: http://www.healthcentral.com/obesity/c/276918/162591/interview-capella-plastic-1/

And here is my before and after video:

Good luck!

So do you just ask the surgeon about his experience and trust that they will tell you honestly what their experience is?

@@sdocforce I surely hope she / he would be truthful. You always can get it in writing if you have concerns.

"OH MY GOD HE IS GOING TO SEE MONSTER CROTCH."

This has made me laugh over and over again since I read it. I so get this.

Matter of fact, now I have a new word in my head that I can't get rid of:

Sascrotch.

Okay, I almost peed myself laughing over monster crotch and sascrotch. I thought I was the only one! I have some scarring the groin area due to some surgery I had (unrelated to WLS or plastics). The first time I looked at the incision after surgery and saw that line of big black stitches, I gasped and told my husband "holy shit, it's Franken-Cooter!"

so here's another embarrassing moment. it was a few months out of my Tummy Tuck. we were down the shore touring this house. i had to use the restroom. i pulled down my jeans and as I did so my hands ran over my bare buttocks. well i guess i assumed i'd pulled my panties down. so i am making my business and then i realize, oh soot i am wearing a thong. oh so sexy new me peeing in her black thong. Thankfully it was a private bathroom so i was able to wash the thong in the sink and put it back on.

Well. Just for kicks. I took the pen that the dr marks with....took a last look at my "extra lap" I had carried around for 8 years.... A big handful type of FAT roll...

On each side of my belly button I wrote. GOOD. (Other side)RIDDANCE

the doc and team liked it ....I'm assuming ....as I heard them laughing right before I went under

And indeed. Goodbye to that fat roll. Hello flat stomach????

Awesome all of us that have stayed with the process for years! I appreciate your kind words????

Hello, I'm planning on doing breast reduction and a tt. What can I expect as far as a realistic recovery time. Doing both procedures at once because I dont want to go in twice. I'm a chicken when it comes to pain. I appreciate your insight.

@@skinnygirlinme everyone is different but my experience was I'd have needed 4-weeks off from work for the Tummy Tuck owing to the muscle plication. But I wasn't working so it was not a consideration. The first three days are the worst but you may find that you need pain killers for 2-weeks. After that you may tire easy. Good luck! ! !