Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant Mama Check-in

Can't believe I'm actually posting on this thread! I'm about 7 1/2 months post vsg and took 2 home tests one on 1/1/16 and again on 1/2/16 and they both came back positive, I'm still in shock, hasn't sank in at all yet!! I really thought it would never happen and especially not this quick, I've been tracking my periods and ovulation for about 6 months and since surgery I've been regular every month with no meds, which had never happened! So when I was late in Dec I just had a feeling, I figure I'm 4 weeks based on my tracking app. I am going to make an appt to confirm with my dr hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday, and of course will get info from her, but I'm the type of person who likes to plan and do tons of research, and this will be my first. My questions are these, I'm down 75 lbs which is great, not to goal, but I know that will come in time, so I was curious what a sample day of meals looks like for you all. From what I read it's not a ton more calories that should be added, I have read 18-24 lbs gain is about normal. I want to stay with healthy Protein, fruits and veggies of course similar to what I have now, I've read about a lot of foods to avoid, just curious for some feedback. I do plan on talking to my nut as well. Any and all feedback is appreciated, Thanks!!

Hi I'm 5 months out and was just curious, because my husband wants a boy since we have two girls already. We are not planning anything but if it's meant to happen it will. I'm just scared of getting my diabetes back. Because since surgery I've lost 76 lbs and no signs of my diabetes.

I so wanted to be part of this little group of mama's! I just miscarried at about 6 weeks. This is my 3rd miscarriage, 1st post surgury. Doctor thinks it may not have as much to do with my wrought as originally thought. Please send good vibes my way so that we can figure out what will help me maintain a pregnancy! I'm more than ready to join your club!

I'm very happy for all of you ladies and wish you happy and healthy babies!

Hi lovie,

I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. I've been where you are twice and it broke my heart. Its not easy and coming back from it shows how powerful a woman can be. I wish that your next pregnancy goes smooth and you have a beautiful child. You are in my prayers.