Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 17th anyone?

I am getting sleeved on February 17th and am looking for buddies on this life changing journey.

I'm booked in for the same day! I feel nervous/excited!

I am incredibly nervous and excited at the same time. This process has been ten months in coming and I am so ready to take this final step! May I add you? I would love someone for support through the liquid diet!

Yeh of course you can add me :) I have only recently joined the site so I'm still getting a little used to it. It will be good to speak to someone who is going through it all at the same! We can keep each other going haha

I don't have my exact surgery day but they said I should be right around valentines day so I'll most likely be doing the pre-op diet at the same time. My surgeon requires 2 weeks of only Optifast. What is your pre-op requirement?

My surgeon hasn't given me any pre-op information yet but I still have to meet with the psychiatrist in the next few weeks so they will probably let me know more then, they also said they would send me out a letter with all the info so hopefully I get that soon. Can I ask where you are from? Im asking because I'm from Scotland and I am curios to hear everyone's different experience? What is it that you have to take? I haven't heard of that before!

I will be on a two week liquid diet starting on February 3rd. I convinced my husband to get me a fancy new blender for this whole process and am very excited to use it once it arrives. Right now I am starting some weighted exercises to concentrate on the areas I am worried about being too loose like my triceps plus walking a few miles a day. I have a few ladies here who are also going through the process and the support has been amazing. We have had several Protein sample gatherings and I have found quit a few options for the pre surgery diet as well as after surgery.

Your diet is just a tad bit longer than mines! My diet is 10 days. I received my pre-surgery diet today which is low carb, low fat. I think I will try and make it as liquid as possible to prepare myself for after the surgery. Investing in a blender is a great idea, I have a cheap mini flask type blender for smoothies but it gives off a suspicious burning smell whenever I use it! What kind of weights are you doing? I have body pump weights and a DVD to follow, which is hard work, but I find I am easily distracted when I try and do weights free style. All that support sounds great! It will be a great motivation. I luckily have a lot of support in terms of my family, and my sister is looking for a weight loss buddy to help shift her baby weight.

Weight wise I have a set of 3lb weights that I use for high reps and a 25lb free weight that I use for bicep curls and lifting behind my head for my triceps. I use my kids as weights a lot too. My daughter is one and my son is two and they love helping mommy do her work out. My son actually just finished doing a "bat wing" work out we found on YouTube with me. My family is all big and growing up I learned really bad eating and exercise habits that followed me through life and so now I want to do right by my kids and show them how to be healthy and happy.

My new blender actually showed up yesterday and I have done two smoothies with it so far. For Breakfast we had a kale, pineapple, and mango smoothie and for lunch I followed up with vanilla Isopure, ice, Decaf coffee, and two pumps of sugar free Syrup. It wasn't starbucks good, but it wasn't bad either and I am full.

I am a little jealous that your diet is shorter and not all liquids, but I just keep telling myself this is for my kids because if I don't loose this weight I worry I won't make it to see them married.

Sadly I don't have any kids to use as weights, I could use my dog but I can't really see her going along with it... You sound like you are really motivated by your kids, and the fact you are so determined to teach them good habits is fantastic, I honestly think you are going to do great. I actually think it would be better to do the liquid diet because at least you know exactly what you can have, my diet has too much choice and I am a little worried that I don't stick to it. I have never tried kale in a smoothie, actually I don't I have ever eaten it which is ridiculous because we have a fridge full of it to feed to our chickens and our rabbit, looks like I will literally be eating rabbit food!!

We love kale in our house... Not so much on its own because it is not all that tasty but it is a great source of Calcium and Fiber and being dairy free we really have to work to get our calcium. I am sure you will do great as well... It is getting so close. Stay strong!

I just got moved up three weeks... Surgery will now be January 27th...

That's great! How you feeling about it? You will be starting your diet next week...

I am both excited and terrified... We have to figure out if my husband will be able to get the time off of work or if we need to hire a nanny for the week, my kids hav dentist appointments two days after surgery... There is a lot to figure out... But it will give me less time to be nervous so that is good! I am beyond ready for this and we will make it work.

It's a good distraction and I'm sure you will get everything sorted in time. I am really envious I wish I was getting my surgery done sooner!