Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scale vs. clothes: what's going on here?!

I am almost two months out from my sleeve, and I have to admit that I am both elated and confused.

In all of my previous weight loss programs, the scale generally would reflect weight loss. But not this time. For example, right now I'm in an almost one-month stall at around 195 pounds. However, I continue to shrink, and yesterday put on some size 14 pants that fit like a glove. This does not seem physically possible. In the past, I had to get down to around 175 before I was a size 14, but 195?! Weird.

I'm not complaining, mind you. The skin on my face, upper arms, and belly is shrinking during this stall, and I even see the rear of my cheekbones near my ears. (Long time no see, old friends!) So, this is not a bad thing.

But does anyone know what is going on here? I exercise, eat carefully, drink lots of Water, yadda yadda yadda. Is it Water retention? Have I entered a parallel universe? Anybody out there who has experienced the same thing?

im so there with you!in the past when ive weighed 175 I was always a 12!now im at 180 and my tens are feeling loose already!!weirdest part is im 10 yrs older!!I will take it!

Muscle and fat... Seems your maintaining muscle ... Losing fat.. Still

Same thing happened to me. I am wearing the same size I wore at a much lesser weight.

So glad I am not alone on this! I swear, this is the weirdest thing. I'm still more or less on a stall, but I actually can see the bottom of my ribs! My size 14 pants are starting to feel a bit loose, and my gym pants kept sliding down when I worked out the other day.

I'm not complaining, though...

Me too! Just bought a pair of size 8 skinny jeans and I am 168lbs. Never would I have fit an 8 before at this weight. I was 135lbs when I got married and was wearing a 7/8 then.... Shoot I think that means that the sizing is whacked... Naw lets go with our bodies are shrinking ????

continue to shrink, yesterday put on size 14 pants that fit like a glove.

@@JackieBrown - you are experiencing a one month + stall :blink:

(sorry about that :( )

@@JackieBrown @ @fat_free @@ualaw08 @@LipstickLady @@queensleever05 @@robga999

frequently when you are stalled, even though your weight doesn't go down

your measurements do go down!!!

thats why its so important to keep track of your measurements

(especially during stalls)

sizes going down is great, the weight will go down too

trust me :rolleyes:

would i lie to you?? ;)

maybe for "right now" don't step on the "devil so often"

that way you won't see if your # has changed or not

keep up the good work :)

you are all doing great :)

good luck ladies

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

I thought maybe the sizes were "upsized" since I was last at this weight, but no, I agree that surgery makes clothes fit differently. My 16Ws, which fit at this weight before, look like clown pants. They sag in the butt and the crotch. I had to get rid of them because they looked silly. Tops, not as much, but they are all "longer" all of a sudden then ever before.

The last time I was this low was ten years ago. In the ten years I have found walking and strength training so I know the body underneath the fat is being sculpted. Now to just keep losing the fat that encases incredible muscles!

Heh, you all are great! Thanks for the encouragement. I was noticing my sleeves today, @@Lani789, and they look like I'm playing dress up. I have them all rolled into wide cuffs, but soon my shirts will have to go. Clown pants: oh so true. I never knew a crotch could hang so low! I am transitioning out all of my pull-up pants into ones with real! live! zippers! and waists! and belt loops!

Oh darn, am I going to have to buy smaller sizes?! Cry me a river...

You are about to see the scale drop significantly. :)

Some people stall for weeks, then lose 10 pounds the next week.

Congrats on your great success there. :)

I will hold you to your prediction! In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to losing some weight, but in the meantime am continually delighted by my smaller butt.

here too!! I don't mind it either as long as its going down!! haha...:)

One observation to offer ... I have NEVER in all my prior weight-loss programs or even in my life eaten this much Protein for so long. I regularly eat 80-90 grams of Protein most days.

Perhaps all this protein is contributing to this phenomenon?