Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need a support buddy

I was banded on Nov 12, 2014. I've been doing very well, until a seperate physical issue arose. It left me tired and hungry from my symptoms. I'm eating too much now and getting pain. It's stressing me a lot and I seem to be returning to old, bad habits! I just need the right encouragement to get back on track that understands these struggles! Thank you!

I was banded Oct 3, 2014. I would be willing to help you.

I've had my band since 2009. It's the greatest thing I ever did. I would be glad to help you out any way I can. Please let me know what you need. Thanks!

Hi, I am so upset & discouraged!!! I was banded October 2013... I lost 50# the first 6 mths and had several over fills & then under fills. I have gained probably all weight because the food that goes easy is chocolate, chips, icecream. I had my last fill 1 mth ago & still can eat a whole hamburger & slice pizza. I want some guidence spoke y.to nutritionist then back to bad habits with no restrictions. Please looking for help if anyone has had support and advice.

Many Thanks, mel

You all have the tool to lose, just need to go back to the basics to jump start your losing again. If you feel like you don't have any or enough restriction, get a fill and stick to the guidelines your doc gives you. liquids for a day, then soft foods, then regular meals, or whatever he/she suggests. You've worked to hard to get where you are, don't give up now!!

I got a fill this past Thursday. It seems to have a little more, but I'm finding I still feel I'm not feeling satisfied and I eat a bit more and don't feel full at all. But like I said, I feel a bit better. My doctor was still pleased cause I still lost in that month. She said I'm being too hard on myself! She's probably right! ???? I tend to get hard on myself more than I should! I'm glad I did this though. I've lost 30 lbs since my surgery, so that makes me happy. I do feel better and healthier already and I don't want to go back to the way I felt again. I'm seeing an eating disorder psychologist. She's more about anorexia and bulimia, so I'm here first bariatric client. But she did tell me, if I want results I have to realize that to obtain that I cannot use old habits for new change. I honestly allow some things I shouldn't have, but it's more of a small bite. I realize I'm not perfect and if I do well, I eat a tablespoon of sugar free ice cream. I eat it slow and let the little licks totally melt before I swallow to savor, to make it seem longer and have more of a lasting feeling. My psychologist also reminded me, I'm not perfect, but I don't want to live in those chains anymore. I'm 43 and this weight has robbed so much of my life! I've got to learn to give up one or the other and bei mg overweight has caused depression and loss of joy. I don't want wrong choices to run me anymore

I got a fill this past Thursday. It seems to have a little more, but I'm finding I still feel I'm not feeling satisfied and I eat a bit more and don't feel full at all. But like I said, I feel a bit better. My doctor was still pleased cause I still lost in that month. She said I'm being too hard on myself! She's probably right! ???? I tend to get hard on myself more than I should! I'm glad I did this though. I've lost 30 lbs since my surgery, so that makes me happy. I do feel better and healthier already and I don't want to go back to the way I felt again. I'm seeing an eating disorder psychologist. She's more about anorexia and bulimia, so I'm here first bariatric client. But she did tell me, if I want results I have to realize that to obtain that I cannot use old habits for new change. I honestly allow some things I shouldn't have, but it's more of a small bite. I realize I'm not perfect and if I do well, I eat a tablespoon of sugar free ice cream. I eat it slow and let the little licks totally melt before I swallow to savor, to make it seem longer and have more of a lasting feeling. My psychologist also reminded me, I'm not perfect, but I don't want to live in those chains anymore. I'm 43 and this weight has robbed so much of my life! I've got to learn to give up one or the other and bei mg overweight has caused depression and loss of joy. I don't want wrong choices to run me anymore