Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 27th is the DAY!

Hi! I am so excited for my upcoming surgery. I have already started to prepare for my link shrink even though I am not scheduled for surgery until January 27th. I figured if I start now, the last 2 weeks will not be that hard. In addition, I have business travel the week I was to start my liver shrink. I am finding the Premier Protein from Sam's club is working quite well for me. I still get a little hungry before lunch, but I supplement with a piece of fruit. My scope is next Friday (January 9th) so I am well on my way to a different lifestyle. Thank you for letting me share my story.

Welcome! Congrats on the date! Stay strong on the pre-op, it will be over before you know it!

My Surgery is on January 28th! 1st down my surgeon said! I have 2 appointments prior..one on 12th to do all the pre ops

.bloods etc and I have to di the 4 week milk diet..some I see only have to do 2 weeks..I guess it differs from each surgeon? Im more than happy for the kick start. But jan 19th i have to have an Endoscopy! Anyone else having one? Its coz I take omeprozole for reflux..theycwant to check I dont have a " Hiatus hernia"If I do theyll repair it on surgery day. Im so pleased I found this site..for us Sleevers! Our reborn dates our 2nd or new "birth" days to a new way of life.

My endoscopy is January 9th. I've already completed all of my pre-op tests except the endoscopy. I will also be meeting with my nutritionist for post-op diet. I am hoping January goes by rather quickly!

Getting scoped tomorrow. I started my liver shrink early because I am so excited. Been doing pretty good! Prayers to all of the January Sleevers!

Getting scoped tomorrow. I started my liver shrink early because I am so excited. Been doing pretty good! Prayers to all of the January Sleevers!

did you have a Endoscopy? Me too I have all my pre op tests on the 12th Jan..but like you I started my liquid diet this week to shrink liver this week!! I mean any extra weight loss will only be a bonus! We both have less than 3 weeks! Yeeaahhh!!

Yes, endoscopy was today. All is well and I am "a go" for 1/27. Final meeting with nutritionist was today as well. I am excited!!

Tomorrow is the day! I am so very excited! Good Luck one and ALL!!!

One week post surgery and I feel great. Tuesday into Wednesday was extremely rough, but now I am on Step II diet (blended foods, all blended to a mush). Hopefully next Monday I move to Step III. Down 16.4 from pre-op weight. What an amazing journey!

Lkeys....Im the same! One week today and feel great. Im on phase 2..but still on liquids till the end of week 2. But im fine. I dont know If you get this..but im not hungry at all..but for about 10mins I have a surge of thoughts for food. But I ask myself why am I feeling this when im not even hungry and it subsides quickly. Gongrats on your surgery! X

Lkeys....Im the same! One week today and feel great. Im on phase 2..but still on liquids till the end of week 2. But im fine. I dont know If you get this..but im not hungry at all..but for about 10mins I have a surge of thoughts for food. But I ask myself why am I feeling this when im not even hungry and it subsides quickly. Gongrats on your surgery! X

Ginger, I just recently had hungry pangs but usually close to the time of a "meal" which is blended food/liquid. As soon as I start eating, I am full. I was around food during the super bowl and was not tempted at all.

Ginger, I just recently had hungry pangs but usually close to the time of a "meal" which is blended food/liquid. As soon as I start eating, I am full. I was around food during the super bowl and was not tempted at all.

Us post ops..notice we are constantly bombarded with images of food...commercials...billboards..I think we notice it more..but to the "normal Joe bloggs" that subconciously read all these food pictures then get the craving. Advertisements I feel have a lot to answer to..by waving fatty foods under our nose. Yes its our fault if we follow through and eat the damn things! I wish fast foods wasnt orohected on us 24/7. But at last we have control..certainly for the first time in my life.

Im feeling great....I did have some acid build up...yesterday. Im on phase 3 of post op diet. I introduced myself back on porridge yesterday.....today I had at lunch..one weetabix...and tonight one scrambled egg (soft)...it was lovely..but its funny as I dont feel hungry or full...be just content. I Guess when back on more solid food..I will fill up quicker. Tomorrow is my last self injection of Clexane (anti clotting)...they never bothered me and painless. Its in 3 rd week..and my daughter said she can see Ive lost weight in my face. I dont want to weigh myself . I still have my pre op mind of "I cant lose weight". My brain will take time to catch up. I make sure I get out everyday to walk..but i notice I weaken after an hour..so I go home ..important is fluids...Im ok with that.

I have moved to soft/moist foods. I am down 22 pounds. Feeling great!! My one incision is causing me issues. It is healed on the outside but the stitch in the muscle is just causing pain.