Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

80 grams of protein?

Ok great thanks to all

GENEPRO is sold online. Try Amazon.< /p>

Ok

@@lynziv make sure you aren't too hard on yourself. I had a pretty rough recovery and really, truly struggled to get more than 20 grams of Protein in for the first few weeks. I was freaking out about it until I spoke to my surgeon's office and they reassured me that I should just do the best I could and that it would get easier. I eventually felt better and started improving, and now I get between 60-85 grams every day. You'll get there!

Try sipping 4 ounces of Water on even hours and 4 ounces of Protein Shake on the odd hours. It was an easy way to get in both water and Protein during the liquid phase. I used Premier Protein ready made shakes as well as carnation which was recommended by my Dr.

Ok

im surprised your eating food 4 days post op. but to each his/her own I guess.

heres a trick put 4 to 5 ounces of milk in a blender then use 1/12 scoops of your favorite Protein mix that should give you close to 40 grams of Protein in a small serving. if you need it colder add some ice cubes when you blend it, but heres a kinda owner for you, get used to drinking not cold or hot things , you have to drink over such a spread of time that things that are cold go warm and vice versa. As for straws, my surgeon and nut have me at 1 year and I was a straw freak, sigh lol.

Not really eating much of anything. Mostly drinking after 3 days I was able to move to protien shakes and yogurt very watery puree stuff.

I think it took me a good week to hit 60 gms of Protein and even then I hoovered between 50 - 60 gms. By week 2 I could get in all 60. I've been sleeping like a log since I came home. Even more so now that I'm working out 4 - 5 days a week.

Hang in there, @lynziv, it should get easier. I am on day three and am just now getting in my 80 grams. I am doing it by mixing 1 scoop of Protein powder (Syntrax nectar) into 4 oz of milk. It is half the amount of liquid Syntrax recommends using, but it mixes fine, isn't thick, and is easier for me to get down. I carry that a little Blender Bottle with a shake, and another with Water, and alternate between them all day. BTW, I had the BM problem, too, and yesterday mixed some Miralax into my bottle of Water so when I was getting water I got that too. Worked fine and things were back to normal this morning!

Good luck.

My favorite trick for getting extra Protein is making sugar free frozen pudding pops. (I add 5 scoops of Syntrax unflavored powder to the pudding mix and pour it into popsicle molds. I also use either 1% or skim milk.) It will give you an extra 13 grams or so per pudding pop and they taste great.

@@Mike4132 and @@new beginning 2015

I think I need to find higher protien options and be more creative. Those pudding pop sound amazing I think I'm going to try that today. I'm still having pain I'm wondering if maybe I should get moving a little bit more or by typing my Protein will help the stomach muscles not hurt so bad what do you guys think? I don't want to take this pain medication but I'm having a hard time not taking them due to the pain that I'm having. It is not excruciating but I'm also a big baby:)

So excited 10 lbs down 6 days post-op