Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Drains and stitches are out!

It's been six days since my panniculectomy and belly button fix and I got my drains and stitches out! The surgeon was impressed with how well it's progressing and with how good the results are. I go back in a week to check in. I'm so glad I did this for myself!

Congratulations! I wonder, did insurance pay any of it? I hope to get one in a year or so.

My insurance paid for a panniculectomy and I paid for the belly button fix because that's considered cosmetic.

If you make an appointment for a consult, make it for a panniculectomy, not a Tummy Tuck, even if you want more than the panniculectomy. I had to fill out some forms that included my reasons for wanting the procedure. I made it all about the problems (rash, discomfort, smell/sweat) related to the panis and I wrote down all the prescription and OTC creams I used to deal with it. They worked with my insurance and got it approved quickly.

I'm three years out from my sleeve and have been at a stable weight for over a year.

Thanks for the info !

My insurance paid for a panniculectomy and I paid for the belly button fix because that's considered cosmetic.

If you make an appointment for a consult, make it for a panniculectomy, not a Tummy Tuck, even if you want more than the panniculectomy. I had to fill out some forms that included my reasons for wanting the procedure. I made it all about the problems (rash, discomfort, smell/sweat) related to the panis and I wrote down all the prescription and OTC creams I used to deal with it. They worked with my insurance and got it approved quickly.

I'm three years out from my sleeve and have been at a stable weight for over a year.

This is good info to know!! Thanks for sharing and here's to a speedy recovery and GREAT results!!!

Hadouni,

Tell me, was this way more painful than the weight loss surgery? Some girl in my post-op class said the pain was unbearable but worth it. What was your opinion? Any advice is welcome, thanks.

I had an abdominoplasty, and it was extremely painful - and totally worth it, to me. I was well medicated, had a pain pump, and still had a hard time moving for about 2 weeks. The sleeve surgery didn't compare to that. However, I also had a butt lift and brachioplasty at the same time, and I was miserable in general. I remember wishing I could escape my body. But that pain fades and you are left with much better skin! Again, totally worth it!

For me, this has been about like a combo of my sleeve surgery and my c-section. I did NOT do the ab plication/stitching that my surgeon said is the most painful part of a Tummy Tuck. I was up and going to the bathroom within 3 hours of my surgery. I ditched the pain meds two days post-op. this is probably way too much info, but I got anxious before surgery and became constipated. The hemoroid has been far more uncomfortabe than the surgery recovery! Sorry if that's too gross for words!

I'm still doing fine. I'm going stir crazy but a trip to costco had me exhausted and napping the afternoon away. My next check-up is Monday. Looking forward to getting my energy up again! The guy I'm seeing hasn't seen it yet so it will be interesting to see what he thinks.

Anyone know recovery time on breast reduction? ?? Hoping to get it in July. ..

Went for TT consult Monday. Very excited. AppArently this roll over my pants is not going away. I eat right. Exercise. 7 years. And still it hangs

Date of march 10. He says 3 weeks out. I've heard of 6 week recovery also. Big step for this widow. Recover mostly alone altho my gal pals will help shop drive etc Kinda scary yet empowering new stuff for 2015⌛️

Anyone know recovery time on breast reduction? ?? Hoping to get it in July. ..

I had one in my 20s, it wasn't too bad. I had a lower body lift this past November and it was 10 times worse. I am only now starting to feel like me again. But the reward is well worth it on both! I now want a thigh lift but I am sure insurance won't pay. A girl can dream...

My doc said breast would be 2 weeks nada. Then light exercise lower body only. A month or really 2

My doc said breast would be 2 weeks nada. Then light exercise lower body only. A month or really 2

i found my compression garment on Amazon under( body shapers) its like a bustier but with front hooks & straps over shoulders ,i paid $ 24 -30 & purchased (3) & love them i started wearing after drains from TT came out, much better than what dr gave me.just look on amazon.