Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting sleeved on Dec. 30th, and on emotional overload! ????

Hi, I am getting sleeved on Dec. 30th!!! I can't believe it's SO close!! ???? I am a bit nervous, but mainly anxious to get the "easy part" over with, so to speak - the actual surgery!!! I have major depression, and I think between recent med. changes and anxiety issues, it has been doing a number on my emotions!!! I seem to be crying at the drop of a hat lately ????, and I have 1 more day of work on Sun. I'm not fond of my job to begin with, so I'm fortunate to have family support during my 6-week Medical L.O.A. from work. I think once I am officially on leave on Mon., and actually get to the hotel in Boston across from the hospital, Boston Medical Center, I will be a bit calmer, believe it or not. I will be focused on what I have to do on Tues., and having a focus and organization keeps me calm. Am I alone there? Any advice to keep the crying in check?? I literally cry at least every other day, except over Christmas. I have a wonderfully supportive family, including amazing parents who are coming up, and an incredible fiance who will be there as well, and already more than spoils me at home, so being with my family helped. But now that I'm on the way home to MA from my parent's house in NY, I'm an emotional mess again!!! What gives??! ???? Advice, please!!! ❓ ????

Awe well Nerves are normal! I never cried BUT I was nervous until they knocked my behind out in the OR then bam nerves turned into determination to learn my new sleeve and focus my attention on fluids and Protein! It's all phases! Good luck and try to stay calm its all going to be fine! Yay for a wonderful support team! @@Christina T.