Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can plastic surgery accelerate weight loss?

Ever since my breast reduction surgery at the beginning of this month, my weight loss rate has been amped up. Before this, I was losing about a pound a week. But now it's more than two pounds per week. I actually weighed 10 lbs less on 12/22 than I did on 12/1. I'm not changing my ticker to 129 unless that weight is repeated on Friday's (day after Christmas treats) weigh-in, but the fact that I touched 129 in such a short time is amazing me. I know that some of the loss is the weight of the tissue removed during surgery, but that only accounts for a couple of pounds.

Has anyone else experienced a whoosh after plastics?

Some people get a burner effect post plastics but it's temporary. I had massive plastic done at once and my appetite was sky high. Some people get the burn without the hunger, I wasnt so lucky. :)

Remember to get good Protein in though...essential for healing.

I've not been so fortunate. I had about 12 pounds of skin and fat removed and I'm up about 8 pounds. I'm swollen and hungry. Good for you, though! I keep hoping the swelling will subscribe and I'll drop 20, but not counting on it....

I had the drop too! I don't want to lose any more because I am 110 now. I don't want to go below 110 so I am playing with my calories on my fitness pal to fine my maintain zone. My Dr took 6.8 lbs of skin so I've lost that plus 7 more lbs since my 11/19 circumferential body lift. Loving being an extra small and hearing how tiny I am but wow, men are a bit predatory with a cute body. Wasn't prepared for that and am happily married to the love of my life. I guess my pretty face" finally has a pretty ass, legs and stomach to match. Lol!! :)

The attention is bizarre sometimes...

I lost another 10 pounds or so after my Tummy Tuck. Both my doctor and I were happy with my pre tummy tuck weight, but I have to say, I'm loving the weight in which my body has settled.

Susan.

I'm glad that I am one of the lucky ones with the extra burn. I wonder how long the effect will last? I still want to lose about 5 more pounds before my Tummy Tuck next year.

I lost quite a bit the 6 weeks after my first plastics surgery, although I tend to think a good portion of it was from muscle loss since I went from working out a few hours a day to not at all and the fact that the compression garment made me barf up everything I ate. I started plastics at 153 and I went into my second plastics surgery 3 months later at 137. Unfortunatey, I did not lose again after the second procedure. I dropped to 133 over the last month and now I float between there and 135. I've also been on vacation and while being cognizant of my weight (I have a scale with me) I've also eaten what I wanted to, so hopefully when I'm back on my regular diet January 1, I will lose again.

I didn't mind the weight loss at all- wish it had worked the second time!

Im having abdominalplasty on jan 2nd having hit my goal weight already hoping for good results.but scared shitless ...

Im having abdominalplasty on jan 2nd having hit my goal weight already hoping for good results.but scared shitless ...

I was very nervous before my abdominalplasty, much more so than with my sleeve, but I am thrilled with the results. Recovery was pain free. The only negative was the drain tubes. They didn't hurt but I hated dealing with them.

Susan

There is scientific evidence of increased weight loss after plastic surgery according to the ASPS. I don't recall the specifics but it had to do with hormonal changes after removing fat, that increased satiety and improved metabolism.

I am more than one year out from my plastics and I have maintained the weight that I lost, which was considerable. It was due to a combination of what Dr. Capella removed, decreased appetite from the muscle plication. improved diet and exercise.

That actually makes sense to me. Fat stores estrogen so getting rid of it evens out hormones. I can say my burn rate is up and I'm not even working out righr now. I need to maintain so I am slowly upping my calories to get to that zone.