Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mushing it up in your mouth and getting it soggy is not what I would focus on. I would check your list of approved foods and see if ANY food fried in fat is on that list. There is a reason that we re-introduce foods in stages. At two weeks, out I would seriously follow the directives your WLS team has given you so that you can make the most of the tool (sleeve) you have.

The longer you stay away from junk food, the easier it will become to resist it. Please give yourself a break and let your body heal. You will feel much stronger when you successfully follow the program for a period of time. You're going to be amazed at how easy it will become to eat healthily most of the time.

I'm 2 weeks post op. I started pureed foods today. Um I had a hot fry, as in the chip. Um it got really mushy and pureed in my mouth. Do you guys think these are ok?

No. Beside it being empty carbs, it was fried in oil. Fried foods are not our friends. Then there was the fact that you're introducing spicy food to a healing tummy. That fry was simply not a good choice. At 2 weeks post op you really need to focus on Water & Protein.

Edited by BLERDgirl

Exactly what BLERDgirl said... With this tool you must take time to allow your tummy to heal properly. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Fried anything will typically also have salts and it's a step that you just don't really want to take so newly sleeved. Just regroup yourself and focus on healthy choices. Don't give in to the temptation of old favorite that might be calling. I know it's hard. But with your new sleeve making new choices will make things easier and help you in the long run. Hugs of support!

Not everything bad for us is going to make us sick. There are going to be some things we have to use our own will power against.

I just had like 5, I was curious to see how they'd go down. Thanks for your support!

I'm a bit perplexed. I'm 7wks out and have a difficult enough time getting down the things that are on the list provided by the nut. I can understand "testing" things to see how they go down, after all that is part of the learning process. The dr made it clear that as I go along there may be things the new sleeve just rejects. There may actually be healthy things that my tummy just will never handle. So the confusion comes from the choice...you could have said hey I tried a celery stalk just to see how my tummy would handle it and I know the replies would have still been why? After all celery is a healthy item. At the end of the day it is simply your choice and yours alone. No matter what I or anyone else says if your truly happy with the decision then so be it.

I certainly do not want you to take my post as anything negative as those are not my intentions at all.

Sometimes people(like me) simply post things that maybe others( like yourself) might not have thought about.. We are here to support one another in this journey. This journey is a long path and old habits are often difficult to overcome. As for myself I am having to reprogram my own mind on priority of Protein and liquid and what my body NEEDS first.

Most people post out of support because we want you to be successful in your journey. This site stands to be your personal cheerleading board. Here trough ups and downs and shouting from the roof tops " use caution" to help you on the journey and should serve to force you to look within yourself to change old habits and ways of eating that got each of us to the point of needing WLS in the first place.

Hugs of support and sorry for the ramble.

Please continue with normal programming :)

Edited by athena3127

I'm 2 weeks post op. I started pureed foods today. Um I had a hot fry, as in the chip. Um it got really mushy and pureed in my mouth. Do you guys think these are ok?

No, they are not OK in ANY food stage. 2 weeks is a little early to start up bad habits. You've got the rest of your life for that. But at the very least, give yourself a chance to succeed and wait until you are at goal before adding in food with no nutritional value.

One thing to remember, at this point you need to get your Proteins in, that is going to keep you healthy, maintain muscle, keep your hair from falling out (as much), and keep you full longer. Trust me, if you're getting your full quota of Protein and all of your liquids, you won't have room for junk foods. Don't give in to the very things that got you here in the first place.

It probably would be best if you don't have junk food like this in your house. I know that gets complicated when you have other family members in your house. My son has his own cabinet of carbohydrate rich food so that it is out of sight. I'm not trying to be mean, but I don't even let him eat those hot fry Snacks. The same goes with those crunchy onion ring Snacks. If you turn the bag around and look at the ingredians, you will see why. Some brands even have trans fat.

If you get into the practice of reading food labels and thinking beforehand about what you are consuming, it may help you. You may be one of those people that can take a bite of sugary/fattening food and then stop. Although you can't do any of that now because you are still in the healing phase. At least you realized that you made a mistake by not following your plan. Just learn from it and move on.