Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couldnt be happier with my second chance at life.

If you told me in August that I would be where I am now I wouldnt have believed you. If you told me not only would I have reached my goal but dropped a few more pounds I would have said its not possible. The choice to have my "malfunctioned" band removed and converted to RNY was not an easy one, and it was a decision I had to make quickly, but it was by far the best decision I've ever made (aside from having WLS in general).

This coming Feb (the 22nd) it will be 5 years since I had my original WLS, it may have taken me a little longer (and two beautiful boys in between) to reach my goal, but it was worth it. The pain, the tears, the sacrifices I've made, all for the best.

6 years ago my doctors told me that if I didnt change my lifestyles I would suffer a heart attack before my 30th birthday, and I needed to do something. I turned 30 this past October and I'm the healthiest I've been in so long. To hear how proud my doctor was and to hear that I was the "poster child for weight loss surgery" filled me with so much joy.

I look so forward to the new year and for every year after.

Happy Holidays to all of you! I wish you all the best of luck, and to the happiest, healthiest years of our lives!!

Today I am 1 week out on a revision after 2 failed lap bands. My journey started in 2008 with my first band placed in March 2009 and slipped December that year. This past April I had another slip and had to have it removed. I had a few more surgeries in between in joint replacements but finally got my by pass last week. I have been dealing with nausea and had to make a trip into ER for IV fluids. All is well so far and I am looking forward to finally making progress on permanent weight loss without all hassle that comes with the band.

Thank you so much for your post, it came at just the right time to know that I have made the best decision possible and that I too will be successful. Congratulations on your achievement, that is a wonderful gift.

I cant even imagine the stress you've gone through with 2 failed bands. At first I was truly afraid it was something I had done but after re-assurance from my surgeon I knew I wasnt alone and it wasnt anything I had done.

Are you still on a liquid diet? Push your fluids as much as you can! I know its easier said then done, thats still one of my flaws, but dehydration is the worst. For me, sometimes its easier if I grab one of my kids smaller cups, fill it up and just drink a cup every hour. Looking at a giant 64oz bottle of Water is tough, but when you're almost doing "shots" of Water its easier to get all of it in for the day.

Good luck and please keep in touch!!! :)

Today I am 1 week out on a revision after 2 failed lap bands. My journey started in 2008 with my first band placed in March 2009 and slipped December that year. This past April I had another slip and had to have it removed. I had a few more surgeries in between in joint replacements but finally got my by pass last week. I have been dealing with nausea and had to make a trip into ER for IV fluids. All is well so far and I am looking forward to finally making progress on permanent weight loss without all hassle that comes with the band.

Thank you so much for your post, it came at just the right time to know that I have made the best decision possible and that I too will be successful. Congratulations on your achievement, that is a wonderful gift.

Today I started on my puree diet for 2 weeks and ended up having my first dumping syndrome. I did everything right so not sure what happened. I will try it again tomorrow and only take a few bites (chuck roast in the crook pot). I am going to take this one day at a time and pay attention to what my body is telling me. I hope my success is as good as yours, I am so impressed to read your post and not feel alone in this journey. Thank you again.