Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 29 surgery

Hello my name is Jeff. I am scheduled for The gastric sleeve surgery on December 29. It has been a very long road. I was supposed to have it in April but the place I was going to Didnt out me on the required six month program so I started over with another dr. Finished my six month program and now I'm scheduled. I'm very nervous and having second thoughts. I think it's mainly because I'm being put under a lot of pressure by my dad and other family members. Ever day I hear you don't need surgery just eat less and exercise. Work with a nutriionist. My dad keeps telling me this is permanent and when I'm 80

It could have negative effects. So we'll see what happens for now I'm scheduled for the 29.

@@Avhick Congratulations of your surgery date! I think it's natural for parents to worry but how many overweight/obese 80 yr olds do you see walking around? You may want to point that out. If it were so easy to eat less, exercise, ect...we would all be thin And trim! The sleeve can help you get there but you will also have to change your eating and move your body...you may want to pass that along too. You do what's best for you. That's one of the best parts about being a grown up, you make the decisions for you now! The rest will follow along. Good luck!!!

@@Elode thank you. Yes I think my family is just trying to be cautious. I know I will have to work hard and eat well and that the surgery is a tool. I'm so glad in found this site so that I can build a support network as I go through this process. Thanks for you're reply. And true I don't see many obese 80 year olds walking around lol

@@Avhick I'm also being sleeved 12/29! Welcome to BP. You will find a lot of support and answers here, I know I have! I got my dad and brother to "approve" by being on this site and showing them before and after pics, telling them that I just needed help with Portion Control and this surgery is going to do just that for me, but it's up to me to work out and eat right to make this surgery work for me. I hope somehow they are able to see the positive aspect of what you are doing for your health!

Good luck Jeff. I am right after you on the 30th....just a week away. Hang in there!

I had the sleeve surgery 12/10/14. I was in the hospital overnight. First day they had me walking . Been feeling good for most of the time. I did have a few days where I was exhausted no energy. I mentioned it to my dietician and she said it was normal. I've lost 13 pounds