Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I woke up this morning and I am now fat and not obese. I have never been happier to be called a fat chick!

;) I think the p.c. term is "overweight," not "fat."

how about fluffy? Fluffy is a kinder gentler version of "Fat", although I understand you are using the clinical term. ") Congrats on being just fat. I wish I was just fat, too. lol

I guess I need to get my terminology straightened out. So, does overweight mean fat? Does that mean obese means "super fat?" Then what about the term "morbidly obese?" Does that mean "super duper fat?" I hate the term MORBIDly obese. I always associated the word morbid with someone that liked looking at dead bodies or year old mashed potatoes in the back of the fridge.

Besides that, congratulations on your weight loss! I can't wait to get where you are. You are not fat; you are a success!

Well crap I just checked and I still woke up fat?! Thats ok though because tomorrow I will wake up less fat and the beat goes on....I'm just glad I woke up! Yay! And congrats! : )

Edited by Elode

Congrats! So how much have you lost in total? I still have about 60 to go until I'm "fat". Lol! Although I disagree with BMI charts. Body fat percentage is more accurate.

Medical terminology:

A BMI from 18.5 to 24.9 is considered normal.

Adults with a BMI of 25 to 29.9 are considered overweight. Since the BMI is an estimate, it is not accurate for all people. Some people in this group, such as athletes, may have a lot of muscle weight, and therefore not as much fat. These people will not have an increased risk of health problems due to their weight.

Adults with a BMI of 30 to 39.9 are considered obese.

Adults with a BMI greater than or equal to 40 are considered extremely obese.

Anyone more than 100 pounds overweight is considered morbidly obese.

http://m.medlineplus.gov/ency/article/003101.htm

The term morbidly obese is a reality check for us. Morbid obesity killed my mother, who died of an abdominal aortic aneurysm at the age of 67 (I just turned 63). She was 5'2" and weighed 320 pounds. Morbid obesity killed my oldest brother who died of a massive heart attack at the age of 47. He was 6'2" but weighed 420 pounds.

Many of my aunts and uncle did not make it into their 70's. All of those who made it into their late 80's and 90's (my mother's mother died of natural causes at the age of 98) were not overweight. I am sure that many of my 60 first cousins will not make it into their 70's and we have lost several already to morbid obesity related conditions. Look at my family photos in my gallery, and you will see why I had to do this now. I was rapidly becoming my mother.

@@MissMac, your family photos (and the description you offer of your siblings' struggles with adult obesity, are so telling.

I can't wait until I can wake up fat.