Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got FIRST fill 12/17 and definitely NOT in green zone yet!

Saw my surgeon a few days ago and he was very happy with my progress. Did the fill (didn't hurt AT ALL!!!) and I don't really notice much of a difference at all...boo hoo! He said usually takes 3-4 fills before a patient hits the "green zone" so now I'm counting the days to my second fill on 1/14. Wish they could do them once a WEEK versus once a month.

;-)

So, here's the question: How many fills did it take YOU to get to GREEN???

Thanks, everyone and Merry Almost-Christmas!

Mary

Five so far. Probably there but time will tell.

If you haven't been in the GREEN and you lost 100 lbs in 7 months - OMG JWM!!!! LOLOL!

Mary

It's a process. It may feel green for a month or so, then you lose some weight and need 0.25 put in. My last fill was 0.10. Tiny tiny fills inching up to green. First few fills were several ccs each.

Edited by JustWatchMe

I agree with JWM. It is a process. I've had 5 tiny fills. and as you lose more weight, you might need more Fluid put in band. Remember. The band does not stop us from eating. We do!! It has not been easy to lose weight. I've had to count calories and walk. Until we receive enough fills to dim our appetite for up to 4 hrs between meals, its a struggle. But you can do it with help from the band. Best wishes.

I got mine the 18th I'm not there yet either mine does them every 2 weeks but I have to wait 3 because of New Years.

Oh man!! This definitely tells me I'm overfilled. I also had my first fill on 12/17 and just thought I was experiencing a lot of swelling. My Protein shakes were getting "stuck" yesterday-for only about 10-15 seconds-but stuck is stuck :( I'm doing better today and am feeling a little less tight, but still definitely have to take small sips of my Protein Shakes. There's NO WAY I would even consider trying puréed, I'm not sure how big my band is, but the doc said he put in about 4 1/2 cc's. Thought that sounded like an aggressive fill, but everyone is different. I drank two Dixie cups of Water before I left and did not experience any bubbling or gurgling, I just felt tight. However last night I felt a little gurgling and am experiencing a feeling of indigestion; which I have not experienced since having surgery.

I called the doc's office and wasn't able to get in yesterday but the doc called me back and said he would make a special trip to remove some Fluid. I felt bad because I wasn't sure if it was just swelling and I was overreacting or if I was truly overfilled, because he asked me if I was gulping and if so, it's normal because I shouldn't be taking such large drinks. I didn't think I was gulping, but of course second guessed myself on the phone with him.

Has anyone ever experienced an overfill? How much should I ask them to remove to be comfortable? Christmas is this week and I don't want to be uncomfortable and unable to eat anything :( I know that sounds bad, but I wouldn't feel this way of it weren't for the holiday, and it totally makes me sound like a fatty LOL

We are all so different and our surgeons have varying approaches. Mine is of the frequent small fills school of thought and it took me six fills to get to the Green Zone. I had a seventh and a tiny unfill a couple of weeks later. Think I had to find that Red boundary to be sure of what Green is for me. Sometimes I think I need anothern ill but I'm going to work on dropping the next chunk first. Could not do it without the band.

If you want your band to be a punitive reminder....you probably had the wrong surgery. The idea of the band controlling anything is crazy. It's there to allow food to stay in that upper pouch longer....that's it. What you eat must still be quality food not junk. Green zone or no green zone....you control what goes in your mouth the band doesn't.