Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 years out

Hi All, I had my 4th anniversity this past August. I still feel the stricture but do need to keep from grazing. I am about 10 lbs from my low so I am happy with that but I gain if I am not careful. I lose any creep ups easily. I do have a problem with my Protein and carb balance. The surgeon wanted me to get about 120g a day based on my age and activity level. I find that I need to stay below 1400 cal a day to maintain my weight. My problem is I frequently end my work outs in ketoneacidosis. To correct this I need more carbs but I am not sure how to get them in. Any suggestions? I continue to drink Protein shakes daily.

You may want to consult with someone that specializes in sports nutrition. Or cruise other forums that deal with sports nutrition and Protein supplements. It may be a matter of timing your supplements before and after your workout so you are giving your body the specific nutrients it needs for optimum performance and recovery. I couldn't begin to give you the right answer, but I saw a lot of this type of discussion on body building and MMA training websites when I was researching Protein utilization. Different workouts may require different nutritional supplements.

Good luck and congrats on your long term success!

Congratulations!

How do you know you are in ketone acidosis?

4th anniversary this past August.

@@lunarose

can't help you with your questions :wacko:

but..............

happpppppy, happppppy surgiversary

4.4 years and still around to talk successfully about it :)

you are aces :)

keep up the great job

good luck

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

My work outs are intense in that they are long I walk 2 1/5 hours a day 5 days a week and have been doing it for 35 years. Exercise was never a problem diet was lol. This time of year when I wear layers I get home and the bottom layers are sweatsoaked and smell like they were dipped in amonnia. I test my urine after my walks and the ketone level is higher then the strip can measure. I know in the early stages you actually want this as you are losing but I worry about long term. Other then that I love my sleeve. I never feel hunger and it is still easy to trigger the stricture feeling which is great this time of year.