Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had sinus surgery last monday which went very well except im on a restricted exercise/no lifting for nearly 3 weeks and its been hard just sitting around not being able to do anything so ive slipped back into my coke/sweet tea comfort zone. I gained 3 lbs since last friday and well prob more now.I was down 10 plus lbs since my november supervised visit. And now well i feel like crap both mentally and physically......

Find a hobby that doesn't involve food and that will engage your brain, something like genealogy, really fast.

This will sound trite, but every day really is a new day. You don't have to carry yesterdays mistakes into tomorrow. You blew your diet and that's over with. You don't have to do it again tomorrow. We all have our moments of weakness. Don't let it get you down and then turn to more bad choices for comfort. You can do better tomorrow.

If you don't buy it, you can't eat/drink it. Clear out everything that aren't the best things for you to consume and it will make sticking to your diet & exercise plan a lot easier. Out of sight, out of mind.

Edited by JerseyCityGal

I'm guessing based on the supervised visit reference you are pre-op. I'm sorry to hear about the restrictions you've got, but this is one of those times where you get to practice doing something new. We probably will never be perfect at making all the right food choices, so its a perfect opportunity to change how you respond to it. I and I think most of us have done the "well, I guess I'll start again Monday" type of reasoning in the past, with not the best results. Try to do what you need to do and make a change sooner than you would have in the past and count it as a small victory for yourself. I hope that you start feeling better soon!

Poor baby. You sound as if you are a victim - but of whom? You have control of the situation. Can you substitute a Protein drink for your sweet tea and whatever? Get a gallon of Diet Green Tea and try that. You are not allowed to wallow. You are a powerful, spiritual being, temporarily encumbered by FAT. You can release yourself from this jail IF you want to. Make an effort. Don't get depressed, get ANGRY! Screw all the people who try to make you feel bad by choosing to get even by getting strong and directed at a goal. Stay on track. Keep your eyes on the prize as they say. Become the strong spiritual, focused being you truly are.

Are you not allowed to do light cardio? Like walking or jogging!

I swear, I do NOT understand the attraction of sweet tea. Or Mountain Dew. Or non-diet sodas.

But those drinks sure sound like the proverbial monkey (drug) on some patients' backs.

When I went to my full-day behavioral class pre-op, we heard about multiple patients who had lost ALL their excess weight, then went back to drinking sweet tea and gained it ALL back. What a shame.

EDIT: All that sugar you're drinking must surely be contributing badly to your depression right now. (Sugar blues hypoglycemia)

Edited by VSGAnn2014

I had sinus surgery last monday which went very well except im on a restricted exercise/no lifting for nearly 3 weeks and its been hard just sitting around not being able to do anything so ive slipped back into my coke/sweet tea comfort zone. I gained 3 lbs since last friday and well prob more now.I was down 10 plus lbs since my november supervised visit. And now well i feel like crap both mentally and physically......

I agree with @@JerseyCityGal, get that stuff out the house. My rule is always do not keep anything in the house that I can't eat without bingeing. Then once you identify your your triggers develop a plan of what to do instead of what you used to do.