Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 4 Years today

Hello all. I just wanted to give a little encouragement to the newbies out there. Today I am 4 years post op. I am still in love with my band. I have been filled and unfilled, I have pbed. I have gotten stuck and yet I still love my band. It has taken some time but I have learned to live with it as many of my fellow veterans have as well. I have learned what I can eat and what I can't eat with my band. I do drink a little sprite or orange soda every once in a while. I can't stand coke any more which used to be my favorite soda. I can honestly say I haven't had it in over 4 years. What I do drink on the regular is orange juice because I can't eat oranges any more. I can eat apples but I choose to drink apple juice. I still have my coffee every morning and tea every week as well. In regards to foods, well I eat just about anything except Pasta that you use for lasagna. I do eat spaghetti every blue moon and I will eat a little mac and cheese only if it's really cheesy. Other than that, I eat bread, rice, etc. I actually had a couple slices of thin crust pizza for supper yesterday. Speaking of supper. I have learned that I can't eat past 8 p.m. If I do, I will fall asleep but in the middle of the night I will start coughing and coughing and then I'll fall back to sleep. Later I will cough some more and eventually Water will start coming out of my nose. That will go on until I finally throw up the last whatever that was in my stomach before I went to bed. So that means I have to get in all my food and drink by 7 p.m. 7:30 at the latest. When I do eat before 7, I have no problems. I sleep like a baby. What can I say, my band doesn't want me eating late I can dig that. That was a problem before I was banded that aided in me gaining weight in the first place eating late at night and snacking watching tv. Well I can honestly say those days are definitely over. I do eat chips but only when I crave them. I eat popcorn as well but only when I have a taste for it and that isn't often. My last fill was August 2012 which put me at 7.1 ccs in my 10 cc band. So I will leave you with this final note, don't give up. Don't get discouraged. The weight isn't going to fall off over night, every week, everyday, etc. Stop stressing. Follow your bariatric team's instructions/guidelines because all our bodies and problems within our bodies are different. We all have different medical issues so what works for me may not work for you and vice versa. Sometimes it will but in other cases it won't. If you aren't sure about what's happening in your body, don't be afraid to call your doctor and find out. After all, it is YOUR BODY. Take care everyone and happy holidays. I'm 95 lbs down and loving it. :D

post-144804-0-54455600-1418831762_thumb.jpg

Congratulations ! You look beautiful !!! I echo what you said in your post. Im 3 yrs banded this week (!!!), and while I dont have any problems eating later, and there's only a few few foods I can't eat at all ( chicken breast and raw broccoli and most noodles ) Im VERY happy with my band and my stronger , healthier body. For the newbies out there, the Band does work ! Any doubts ? Reread Lady VS' s above post, and look at her pretty picture ! Congratulations again !!!

I love reading success stories from those who are banded a few years. I'm almost two years out and I am beyond thrilled with my success. It's still a mindset nearly every day to make good choices but with the band, it's a battle I think I can win.

And here I am the day before new year's Eve and I've lost another pound. I can't believe it. I have been a little bit tighter these past couple days. I guess because of the colder temperatures.

post-144804-14199503720476_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lady VS

@@Lady VS you are amazing!!! What a great message and picture. You give me hope for the future. I so long to be able to say I lost my weight and KEPT it off!!!

Aww, thanks. It can be done. It's hard at first but as the years pass, it gets easier. Continued success to you.

Edited by Lady VS

Lady VS thank you so much for the encouraging words it really means a lot I was banded on 09/22/14 and I haven't been this happy in a long time Thanks again and you look AWESOME!!!

Thanks for the encouragment! My surgery is tomorrow and I'm getting at that point where I'm starting to wonder what I got myself into! Lol I know in the long run I am going to be so much happier. And, congratulations on your success!

Thank you. :)

As long as you follow your doctor's orders/advice, you CAN AND WILL BE SUCCESSFUL. I along with many others here are living proof that the LapBand can and does work. As of today I have lost 99 pounds. NINETY-NINE!!!! Me, with the help of this AWESOME TOOL I am still losing weight after four years and two months post operation. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!! :o :) :D Yes I am having a lot of mixed emotions right now because I NEVER thought weight loss was going to be feasible for me after trying over and over and over again. Having this LapBand placed inside of me was one of the best decisions that I have ever made for myself. I can't say that I wish I had it sooner but I will say I'm glad that it happened right when I needed to have it. Timing is everything. We live in a society where everything is rush, rush, rush. Well I'm telling you guys, if you want to lose weight with the LapBand and keep it off forever, you have to be PATIENT and know that the weight is NOT GOING TO COME OFF OVER NIGHT OR NEXT MONTH ETC. It took you time to put the weight on; therefore, it's going to take time to take it off and keep it off but you HAVE TO CONSTANTLY WORK AT IT!!!!! If you should eat something that you've been advised not to eat, don't beat yourself up about it. Enjoy it and then start back over the next day. The only way you fail with the LapBand is by not trying. Staying in contact with your doctor for after care is essential in losing weight. I am between sizes now. I started this journey wearing a size 22 women's and now I am a size 6-8. Me, a single digit. I'm not bragging or boasting so please don't take it that way. I have been in the double digits since junior high school so to be almost 44 years old and in single digit clothing is completely and totally overwhelming for me but I'm excited and happy all at the same time because I am finally where I should be for my short little frame. Continued success all!!!

Congratulations -- thanks so much for being here. Love your posts and am so motivated by the success of long-term banders. I gave myself a year and now I'm giving myself another year. Love, love, love my band. wonderful to see your picture -- you are adorable. And a hot ticket!

Great to hear another happy band story! Still lovin mine after almost 7 years! You look amazing!

Thank you guys. Continued success to each of you.