Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 29th band to sleeve conversion. Looking for a buddy

Hi everyone. I'm converting my band to a sleeve on December 29th 2014. I would like to find someone who has also had a conversion done to share their experience strength and hope with me. I live in Florida however, it is not necessary to live in the same state. I am a little nervous about taking the band off and converting to a gastric sleeve all in one surgery. They have not asked me to go on any type of liquid diet. But from what I can see most people do so maybe I should. I'm not sure what the reasoning is behind the liquid diet they did not have me do that for my band either. I paid out of pocket for my band and here again and paying out of pocket for my sleeve. I'm very frustrated that my band has slipped and I am having the sleeve done with much hesitation. Please send some help my way.

I have not had a conversion, just the sleeve surgery on Dec. 3, 2014. I hope I can help with some of your questions, from my own experiences. First, the reason for the preop diet of liquids is to reduce the size of the liver so the surgeon can see better to do the surgery. If you've already lost weight, they may feel you have no need to do that. They will be putting you on liquid diets, pureed diets and soft food diets before you go back to normal food after the surgery, which can be challenging if you're not patient enough to wait them out. My surgery came with the surprise of a hiatal hernia repair done at the same time. Very minor pain compared to most of the surgeries I've had. Five little scars. Healed quickly and well. Lost 25lbs so far, I only weigh in once a week. I live in Washington, but would be happy to help if you need more questions answered. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches