Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you try Steak again?

I am on week 7 and haven't tried steak yet but I absolutely love steak. Just wondering when others have introduced it back into your diet and if you had any issues.

Thanks-

LA

I'm still pre op but I've seen a lot of people say that they can have it when they start normal food at around 8-10 weeks out, but it needs to be bites as small as your pinky fingernail and chew, chew, chew.

Be careful eating steak I heard a pieces was stuck in a patient chest. Not sure how long they waited before they tried to eat it

I'm close to 3 months and I've tried a lot of things but I am not yet brave enough to try steak.

I wasn't allowed steak for six months after surgery - my surgeon's guidelines say until six months out, food has to be soft enough that you can easily cut it with a fork. I was happy to add it back into my diet when I was allowed!

I am 7 months out and tried it 5 months after surgery, chewed it very well and didn't have a problem at all! I try not to have it very often because it's so hard for your system to digest red meat but I do treat myself about once every two weeks and I'm totally fine with it, no issues at all!

I tried it at 2 months and as long as you chew it really well before swallowing you should be good. Oddly, my sleeve really liked steak for about months 2-5 and ever since then it has been completely intolerant of it. I can have maybe a bite or two before I start feeling a little sick.

I had steak as soon as I was aloud solids, No I did not have to cut it to the size of my pinky nail, No I did not have to chew it to death (though I prefer it Rare), It did not get stuck in my chest, and I did not get sick.

I've had it multiple time's since then.

You can listen to everyone online and their experiences all day but sometime's I find it's just easier to try thing's on your own and finding out what works for you, Not everything that works for you is going to work for everyone else.

Before surgery I heard a lot of people talk about getting sick off of eggs and not being able to tolorate Pork anymore, If I had just assumed that my stomach and journy was the same as everyone else's I would not be enjoying pork chops tonight for dinner.< /p>

I am in my 9th week & had a little over 2 ounces of filet mignon at week 5, chewed really well and I had absolutely no problems with it. Now pork .... that's another story.

As soon as I was allowed general diet. So about a month out. Never had any issues with it. Of course, I like my steak pretty rare. So it's not going to be tough. If you do try it, try a high end cut as the meat is more tender.

I am still pre-op, but wanted to say "hey!" To a fellow Hawks fan!!!

Thanks for all the feedback I appreciate it. I have been really lucky and so far have not had any intolerances to food so I'll give it a shot next week.

Go Hawks :)