Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having surgery 12/16/14 and I am so nervous it's crazy! I think it's because I work on the surgical floor that cares for all the post op sleeve patients including the ones who have negative experiences. I just cared for a patient who had a VERY bad group of issues related to her sleeve surgery and it was MY surgeon who messed up. Now I am freaked out beyond belief. Prayers would be greatly appreciated. I'm the only parent my daughters have and they need me in tip top shape asap! :)

Hello,

I am sending prayers to you and all on here who's surgery date is approaching. I should have my date this week. I am nervous and don't have a date yet, so I can imagine how nervous you are. You will do great!

@@Okie_RN Sending prayers for a safe and speedy recovery your way!

I am having surgery 12/16/14 and I am so nervous it's crazy! I think it's because I work on the surgical floor that cares for all the post op sleeve patients including the ones who have negative experiences. I just cared for a patient who had a VERY bad group of issues related to her sleeve surgery and it was MY surgeon who messed up. Now I am freaked out beyond belief. Prayers would be greatly appreciated. I'm the only parent my daughters have and they need me in tip top shape asap! :)

Definitely sending prayers for fast recovery and easy surgery. So okie_ RN I assume your from Oklahoma too. I live in Durant ok I won't be having my surgery till around April just started the process 2 months ago but already nervous!

Hello,

I am sending prayers to you and all on here who's surgery date is approaching. I should have my date this week. I am nervous and don't have a date yet, so I can imagine how nervous you are. You will do great!

Hello,

Thank you for the prayers! I need than and appreciate them from the bottom of my heart!

Best of luck on you're up coming surgery! Small world, I am also a RN, I work in Ada and I had my surgery at MCSO in Durant. :-)

Me too!! I go in tomorrow and am a ball of nerves. Good luck to morrow! !! You will do great!!

Since there is not long any term result statistics for the Gastric sleeve can you share some of the complications you have seen? @Okie_RN

Best of luck on you're up coming surgery! Small world, I am also a RN, I work in Ada and I had my surgery at MCSO in Durant. :-)

It is such a small world!! So how are you doing with it all? Any advise? I'm having mine at TMC

Me too!! I go in tomorrow and am a ball of nerves. Good luck to morrow! !! You will do great!!

I'm so glad someone else is a 12/16 patient!! Good luck to you too! Keep me posted and I will do the same :) prayers for all!

Since there is not long any term result statistics for the Gastric sleeve can you share some of the complications you have seen? @Okie_RN

The complications I see for the most part are dehydration, nausea, & vomiting. For the most part. I have seen in the past few weeks one person who's staples were placed too close inward and could get anything down.. She eventually got better. Another had a bowel torn somehow during surgery.. And lastly a patient was discharged, ate too soon, and ended up with some MAJOR complications. For the most part it's nausea vomiting and dehydration though. I will tell you this though... We see literally at least 5 patients a week with lap band problems,!many of which are very serious. I would NEVER go that route.