Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost 4 weeks post op!

I decided to get the sleeve done when my I went to my doctor and asked about being able to have a child at my weight. My body was always out of whack and doing weird things so i wanted to make sure. Well her answer is what prompted everything. She said "it will be hard for you to conceive unless you lose some weight" That made my heart drop as what i yearn to be is a mother. How could this happen when I was engaged and happy and found the man I want to have my children with.

That day I decided I was going to start looking into the surgery. It was along 8 month process. 6 month nutrition classes, psych evaluation, cardiac test, constant blood work, 2 week pre op diet, and finally surgery day.

Let me tell you.... The pre op diet SUCKED. It was the hardest thing i have ever had to do. I had constant headaches. Not a regular headache but a headache that knocked me over. It was terrible but i was determined. I lost 10 pounds on the diet so i guess it wasn't too bad.

Then surgery day. I was so excited and ready. It is some slight pain but the worst part for me was the gas pain on top of my acid reflux so i was constantly up walking around the halls. Then the recovery process. The worst pain was getting up from sitting down, laying down, doing anything that required me to get up. It hurt but that pain passed within 4-5 days.

Now I will be 4 weeks post op on 12/15 and i have lost 37 pounds including the 10 pounds pre-surgery. Its mind blowing to realize how much you lose and that it is so fast! I am so excited that soon enough my body will be ready for the baby my fiance and I patiently waiting for!

If i could say anything I would say that it is hard but it is so worth it. I have more energy and confidence that i know will get better with time! :) Oh and it is NOT the easy way out!

Congrats and good luck on that baby!

Thank you for the well wishes!!!! Greatly appreciated!

Your doing great! Congrats ☺️

Congrats, and to all the post surgery people out there--be careful you don't conceive (after surgery) until you're ready to! The weight loss does boost your fertility and the nutrition class warned us about that.

Way to go, Girl!!!!!

Awesome job! I'm 4 weeks out too!

Congratulations

Awesome!!!!!! You and I are both 4 weeks out and have lost almost the same amount!!!! Keep up the great work!!!!!!

Congratulations I'm really happy for you I guess we had surgery for the same reasons and tell me what is it that you eat 4 weeks post op because I am 4 weeks post op and can't seem to eat healthy old habits follow me around

Congratulations I'm really happy for you I guess we had surgery for the same reasons and tell me what is it that you eat 4 weeks post op because I am 4 weeks post op and can't seem to eat healthy old habits follow me around

My doctor has a very strict diet I have to follows so i am on soft/puree food. I am eating Beans, mashed potatoes, tuna salad, anything that is soft.

I always have a Protein shake, at least twice a day. I eat everything fat free and sugar free. It doesnt taste as great but its worth it.

I find it easier to eat steamed vegetables (the frozen ones) and chicken. I eat a lot of chicken.

It is a mind game! You can do it! its not easy but try out different seasonings to see what taste the best for you.

You can still have a cheat day just try not to make it everyday! my body still craves the stuff it used to. I would kill for a cheeseburger or sour cream enchiladas and soon enough i will be able to have those on my cheat days.

Oh and walk!!! The more exercise you do the better it will be. Just walk after you eat and help your body burn those off.

That is great reading about your process. I wish you the best with the baby and the weight loss. Put your trust and faith in the Lord. Its in his hands not yours.