Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello fellow band buddies!

I was banded on October 17, 2014. It has been about 54 days or one month and 23 days. My surgery was great! Recovery was a breeze! I’ve had two adjustments or fills so far, which puts me at 4.7 ccs in my 10 cc band. I think I will be in “the green zone” with one more fill of 0.5 ccs. My Water intake is awesome. I can go about three hours feeling satiated. My doctor says I should be eating three meals and able to go closer to 4-5 hours in between meals with the band.

So here’s my problem. I am still making not so great food choices (I know I can do better), I am still having very strong binge tendencies (even though greatly reduce), I am having a hard time getting my drive to exercise (no lack of motivation here), I am full of excuses to start tomorrow.

It feels like I put so much energy into getting ready for this surgery, after it happened my mental exhaled and refuses to start breathing again!!!

I am praying and meditating this does not last too much longer. I want to start seeing real big monthly results. I set a goal to move with purpose for 30 minutes a day this week and stick to Protein, veggies, and fruit for most of my meals. I know how to get on a solid track, it’s the doing part I am having issues with.

How do you get your mental in order? How did you get moving again after surgery? Did you even have a lag in drive… not necessarily motivation, but pure drive? I keep thinking about how hard I used to go when I was working out… where does that go?

I need to dig really deep and go to a place I’ve never been before. This is a new chapter, a new path to a new me.

God help me.

Edited by Guest

90% of the battle is what you eat. Exercise is definitely something you should do, but you can't out work a bad diet. I had no appetite at all for days after my surgery so I used it as a good point to start over and followed the surgeon's instructions exactly.

Be encouraged! And remember 1 Corinthians 6:19. :-)

write down all the reasons you wanted to have lapband surgery all of them even the ones that involve making people jealous lol, also maybe trying to put Protein 1st before you eat anything not band friendly might curb the cravings, but I know head hunger can be strong sometimes. Hang in there.

Everything you wrote is exactly my life. I was banded on 10/13 and have the same struggles. I started to prepare my meals, meals I know I would like, for during the week. This has really helped me because I would just for something fast to eat which is almost alway never healthy. As for the exercise, I started parking further away so I would walk. I also told someone who I know would stay on my case....my mom. She's now my workout buddy and it helps a lot. Hope this helps, Good luck to you!

Edited by Jkim728

I was there for a long time. I am about 3.5 years post op. I did great the first 2 years. I was down 75 lbs and loving it and this last year I creeped back up to 223. How to get back? For me I need to be accountable, so I scheduled an appt with the dietician and surgeon for a fill. I will be seeing my dietician once a week until I get this weight back off and get to my goal weight. I just had to yell at myself a little bit and get myself going. I started feeling that same depression I had pre-banding and I knew I couldn't keep going the way I was. It takes a lot of work, but you can do it!!! It is so worth it, and I'm thankful for my band everyday! Pre-planning is a huge huge must for me,measuring, and tracking everything I eat. If I follow the meal plan, I really don't have time to make bad choices, because I'm constantly eating or drinking something.

Do you have a post op buddy or have you been to support groups? I spent a lot of time with my friends and on the phone with a girl that had surgery the same day as me 3.5 years later and her and I are still great friends and encourage each other. You can also peruse the lap band success stories, these things always encourage and motivate me, but it also helps to see that in most of the posts, they struggled mentally at some point. :). You can do this! Just make yourself, sometimes the motivation comes From just doing it, and then ya realize that you feel better when you're in control! I hope this helps a little bit! Best wishes to you for all of the success in the world! You will be great!

Edited by lapbandgal

Oh sista it's a long and winding road. Want to burn fat? Do cardio. Want to gain muscle? Lift weights. Want to do both? Hang onto your hat and start doing HIIT work outs. High Intensity Interval Training works for even the most out of shape person. It's tough and if you're doing it right....you'll feel like puking but that will quickly pass and your fitness and clarity of purpose will come full circle. Usually the HIIT workout is 11-15 minutes and you're done. Check em out.