Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100 lbs down and the unfortunate random things I've learned plus a few NSVs!

I agree with the posts above. Jealous Heifers!! Keep doing you and stay away from the negativity!!

Us "ladies" are pretty terrible to one and another!! That's terrible that your "friends" would treat you that poorly especially when you were doing something so special for them. I have not shared with anyone aside from my husband, aunt who watched my son during surgery, and my parents in case something happened during surgery. My brother found out and told his wife, she has been very supportive & I found that to be surprising. My "best friend" has been a little suspect as well never noticing I have lost weight or joining me to workout like she said she would. I am finding that my new healthier lifestyle is def causing issues with some people, almost like they like you down better then when your up & happy.

I would just say to those "ladies" MYOFB... It seems like something is missing in their lives & getting your life in order, getting healthy & reaching your goals are only bringing out their worst sides.

Wow i am sorry you have had all this negative crap, you seem to have a great attitude though so keep it up and remember they are hating on you because they are jealous of your success and have such rubbish lives they can't even bring themselves to be happy for you

I agree with VSNAnn....those friends were just nasty and unsupportive. Their comments were totally unwarranted. This is sad that your weight loss showed their true side, but in the end it may have been a blessing since they weren't real friends anyway.

-I was told, "I don't like this on u, it's not YOU, you're not meant to be this small"...SMH"

I shook my head when I read this. So they mean....you're not meant to be healthy/happy? Did they stop to consider what a healthy vs. unhealthy weight means before they made this statement? Thin shouldn't have to be a privilege enjoyed by the rare few.

I have learned to just not care what people say or think of me. Unfortunately I have a co-worker that is very negative about the surgery and feels the need to make nasty comments. It goes in one ear and out the other. You have accomplished so much and that is so amazing! Keep up the great job and don't let negative people into your life.

Happy for your results and sorry for your non support from your friends.I work in an industrial setting and have lost 40 lbs. pre op. and have had all positive encouragement from fellow male co-workers and friends.It must be your friends feel left behind.Hope a few come around and change their attitude. Len

YOU GO GIRL! (In my Martin Lawrence voice) Kudos to you for making the decision to take control of your life, for getting the weight off, for the raise, a car, and whatever positive things have come your way. Favor ain't fair and those chicks are just jealous. Keep on living your life for you! Be blessed and congratulations!

Thanks so much and what stories we all have. Please share. Some ppl think its all good and positive after and i just wanna send my flashing warning and wish u all the best.....PSST, this morning's good news...im finally pregnant after 17 years of trying with PCOS!!! We are wide awake, im jumping around and he's super happy!! God is always on time...looking forward to life more and more every day now!! Have a great week VSG fam, you're the first to know!!

You are beautiful inside and out. Don't ever let anyone make you think any less. Some women have issues celebrating other women's successes. It's just a fact of life. Good for you! Weigh to go!

@@KeeWee, what wonderful, wonderful news that you're pregnant after years of trying.

That has to rank up there at the TOP of the non-scale victories. :)

Congratulations to you both. No, to you three. :)

Haters will Hate... You have done amazing and keep on the journey. There will be negative ninnys in every croud. I was told to stop loosing weight you are getting too thin..... size 12 weighing 176 lbs... See most people don't even know what a healthy weight is. Either they are fat, they have seen you fat for the whole time or you feeling bad somehow makes them feel better. I say go for it girl.... Dance Sing, where clothing you would have never put on... enjoy life!!!!

Haters will Hate... You have done amazing and keep on the journey. There will be negative ninnys in every croud. I was told to stop loosing weight you are getting too thin..... size 12 weighing 176 lbs... See most people don't even know what a healthy weight is. Either they are fat, they have seen you fat for the whole time or you feeling bad somehow makes them feel better. I say go for it girl.... Dance Sing, where clothing you would have never put on... enjoy life!!!!

Losing weight will definitely show you who your friends are. One of my pre-op requirements was for me to see a psychologist. He told me there would be people who weren't happy with my weight loss. He said there are people who's only link to me is my weight. I was surprised when he said it but I had surgery just two months ago and have lost 30 pounds. I've had some strange reactions and some real "haters". It's taught me to let go of the haters and embrace those who love me for me, no matter what size. It's also brought me and my "honey bunny" much closer. He's become even more of a protector which I love. Gravitate towards love and close the door on the haters. In the words of Jill Scott:

"Hate on me, hater, now or later

'Cause I'm gonna do me, you'll be mad, baby

Go 'head and hate on me, hater, I'm not afraid of

What I got I paid for, you can hate on me"

Do you my friend :)

Read more: Jill Scott - Hate On Me Lyrics | MetroLyrics

I play this song every morning!! Sometimes it still makes me cry but the strength in her words and voice, whew, it keeps me going!!

I tell ya this past wknd I seen friends that I hadnt seen oh in about a month or so..I am pushing mid 90 something loss an let me tell ya I GOT THE STARES!! I felt like every eye was on me. I tried my best to ignore it. wasnt easy. a close friend of the family came over to me an said YOU NEED TO SLOW DOWN! your losing too much weight! I just kinda grind an said well my body is finally doing what its supposed to..got my thyroid med where it needs to be. I said I just made radical lifestyle change like my mom an sister did an its finally coming off. I said Im not slowing down! if it comes off it comes off. it took everything I had to hold my toungue! its not that they are haters here but they were shocked of seeing a almost 100 pd weight differance. I have always yoyo'd for 25 yrs. I guess I dont see that HUGE of a differance but eveidently it is a HUGE differnace..lol..one of my gf's I told her I whispered to her an said its already started! about me losing to much weight(an I still have another 40 or so to go) she said a person cant never lose to much weight! :) yea she is a very committed ww person. accountable for every pound. I cant imagine the looks I'll get as the wks go on!

This is an awesome story! Difficult but thank you for opening up. Maybe they always treated you poorly but at that time you felt that was all you deserved? Now you are powerful and beautiful and have learned so many lessons. It is not the quantity of friends but the quality. I thank God everyday for my wonderful, loving supportive friends. That love me, no matter what, for better or worse.

You are opening your heart too so that beauty is inside and out. Embrace it. You are right, do it for yourself. That is also the true nature of giving. When we do it anonymously, never expecting anything back.

And that daughter of yours? Embrace her!! For she just gave you a gift. That gift you passed on to

so many of us. We will embrace it too. In fact, I am going to write it down and post it on my bathroom mirror as a great affirmation. Give her a hug from me too. And one for you!

Ainslee

Thank you I love hugs too!! This is Diamond, her daughter! Have a good day.