Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got my date! 12/15

Hi everyone

I have been reading some of the posts for a while, but this is my first time writing. I just got my date...12/15.... Now I am completely nervous...lol. Excited, anxious, scared, elated, hopeful.....just to name a few. I can't believe I am doing this....I am a mom of 3, my 2 boys are 4 1/2 and almost 3. They are both autistic, I also have a 16 year old step daughter who lives full time with me....I never do anything for myself, this will be the first time I am taking care of me. It's funny, I have been so confident about having this surgery, but now that I officially have a date I am starting to worry... Will I still be me after the surgery? It might sound dumb, but I don't know how to be a healthy person. I am not talking about eating healthy, I mean I don't know how to act, I usually like to be invisible, (most overweight people do) am I going to be that way after the weight comes off? Sorry for the strange post, I think I just needed to share my thoughts.

Congrats on the date! As far as the rest only time will tell but hopefully you will be you only better!

It's funny that you talked about wanting to feel invisible because I've always felt the same way. I'm a mom of two daughters 8 and 2 with a step daughter too. I never wanted to be some hot mama, just an average woman that didn't stick out in a crowd. I had my surgery on Aug 19th. I've lost 62 pounds since I started my 2 week preop diet at 228 pounds. Now I weigh 166 and I look NORMAL! I wasn't invisible before, I stuck out in a crowd because of my size. Now I'm just NORMAL! And it feels great! When I go out I just look like a well dressed, put together woman and mother. I actually blend in so much better now! Lol! I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am that I had the surgery and I was CRYING on the surgery table about to walk out while they were putting me under! You will be so happy too! Good luck!

Thank you for your kind words. My emotions are all over the place! I am really excited...just wish that it was over so I can begin my new healthy journey. There are so many things I want to do....but I always feel this way in the beginning of a diet...then a couple of months in, I fail. I am excited to think that this time is going to get different!

I am ok... I also was sleeved on 12/15. I am having incision pains and loose stools after my "meals"... Sorry tmi... Lol.... Anyone else having that problem?

How are you doing. I was sleeved on 12/15.

How are you doing?

Hi Michelle - How are you doing? we are almost at 2wks - did you get your appt made?

I was sleeved on 15th also and just checking on how you are feeling. I had a small issue but recovered and now feeling great. My incisions are crazy itchy but I'm dealing with it. Still on liquids but now able to handle all of my Water intake.

Hi Michelle - How are you doing? we are almost at 2wks - did you get your appt made?

Hi Davis,

Yes I did I am going on the 30th at 9:30. I am good, still can't get all the Protein in, kinda sick of the shakes. How are you doing?

Hi Davis,

Yes I did I am going on the 30th at 9:30. I am good, still can't get all the Protein in, kinda sick of the shakes. How are you doing?

I'm going on the 30th also 3:30 - I'm actually doing pretty well have been able to get my 8 to 10oz of Protein down - I was getting a little bored to but ended up putting pumpkin spice & cinnamon in my shake to give it a different flavor then switched back to regular flavor. I've been getting more than the 64oz in of Water also - really excited def worth the few days/1wk of discomfort. Have you heard from any of the other group?

I'm going on the 30th also 3:30 - I'm actually doing pretty well have been able to get my 8 to 10oz of Protein down - I was getting a little bored to but ended up putting pumpkin spice & cinnamon in my shake to give it a different flavor then switched back to regular flavor. I've been getting more than the 64oz in of Water also - really excited def worth the few days/1wk of discomfort. Have you heard from any of the other group?

What kind of Protein Shakes are you using? I am going to try and flavor my shakes...that's a great idea. I agree 100% about the week of discomfort being worth it! I am excited too, everyone I speak to says by 1 month you will be loving life lol!

I have not heard from the rest of the group, I wanted to get their numbers before we left but everyone left before me lol. Hopefully we will see them at the support group.