Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got the lap band in august. I was able to afford it at first. I have come in to some money problems and I am able to afford basically Ramen. How do i lose weight with the lap band if i can barely afford to buy ramen?? help!!!

I have the sleeve and am 6 weeks out I only really can do Soup and greek yogert. My store bill has gone from 100 weekly to less then 25. Also a can of refried Beans you can get for .99 cents and it lasted me 4 meals and a can of soup is 3... Good Luck and hopefully times will get better.

I would search online for budget friendly recipes. Things like chicken thighs, or tougher cuts of meat that benefit from low and slow cooking will give you Protein and lots of bang for your buck. Also dried Beans are really cheap and another source of protein. I think us banders should try to eat real food instead of Soup since from what I understand the chewing helps with feelings of fullness. But stick to really budget friendly items and check other places in your life that you can cut down on expenses to make sure you can spend the money on foods you need. Good luck!

Have you ever shopped at Aldi's or do you have one real close, they are cheaper than Save a lot eating a lot of Ramen wouldn't be good. What about eggs? They have more Protein and really aren't that much more expenive than ramen. Also find a food bank I have found high end Protein Bars at food banks for .25 cents a piece. Hope your luck changes I am on the low income side of things as well. Hoping to lose enough to be able to return to work.

tuna fish is loaded with Protein. It might be the most bang for the buck.

There are alot of low fat high Protein options that are not find to break the wallet. Just don't let this derail you. Make healthy choices. As stated, choose less expensive meats and cook in a crock pot. Refried Beans, lentils, Peanut Butter, nuts, dried beans, tuna, and Greek yogurt are all great options. Shop Aldi or lower priced stores, check sale/clearance bins, buy meat that is marled down and then freeze to cook later. Buy some items in bulk. Buy a roaster chicken instead of a precut chicken. You can make multiple meals from this. Look online for tools and tips. good luck.

Im sorry you're in such a tight financial position. Hopefully things will turn around soon. Again , try your local foodbank. If anything, being banded has saved me money food wise, as 1 regular meal will become 2-3 meals for me. A roasted chicken from the grocery store is about $7.00, it can be made into several meals plus the broth can be made into Soup. eggs, Peanut Butter, tuna etc are all good Protein sources too. Think outside the box and I think you'll find it easy to eat healthy on a tight budget. Good luck to you ! Keep us posted !

eggs are a great and very cheap source of Protein.

I live in Ny and find that everything is expensive ...What I do to save money is I make turkey chilli . I use one package of turkey chopmeat , and 3 cans of different Beans .. i like black beans , cannalli beans and pink beans ..to stretch it add another can of beans . I add a package of chilli mix and a can of crushed tomatoes...i do it in my slow cooker but you can do it in a regular pot ...I eat it everyday for 5 days at work ...I also rack up on tuna and yogurts ..hope this was helpful