Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a glass at barely 3 weeks. It was ok, but got me all more buzzed than it used to!

I understand where you're coming from. I had planned on having my first glass of wine on Thanksgiving, since I would be over 6 months out, but I chickened out and decided to spend my calories on cake instead. I think I'll have wine at my company's Christmas dinner party next month and skip dessert.

You should believe the guidelines your doctor gave you. He's in the best position to give advice.

If you have to have some wine, you could try my patented "will Frankensleeve tolerate this" program. :P

When I was unsure if Frankensleeve was ready for a new food, I'd eat about 1/2 teaspoon of it, wait 5 minutes, eat another 1/2 teaspoon, and wait another 5 minutes. If he hadn't had a bad reaction by then, it was safe to eat more.

@@joatsaint love it! Frankesleeve lol I'll definitely follow your advice! Thank you very much! Franksleeve love it you just make my day.

By the way my goal is not to get drunk just to have little wine, how ever, my health always first! If I have to wait I'll!

Edited by lexa2014

I had my first wine about 4 months postop. Started with just 1/2 glass in the "safety of my own home" since I didn't know how I'd react. Turns out no problem. I have since had many cocktails including whiskey, vodka, and various liquors. Normally I might have 1 or 2 drinks a month, but I had two glasses of wine with Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. And I haven't noticed alcohol affecting me any differently than preop....I can still out drink a football team. But if I have a drink or two a few days in a row (like when I was on vacation), I do develop a little gastritis and will take Prilosec and/or Rolaids until things settle down.

Watch the sugar content. I am 7 months out on Tuesday and on Thanksgiving I had my first sips on white wine... It equaled about 1/4cup. It hit me quick, but was so yummy. Again watch the sugar content. I ONLY eat sugar free from now on.... Down 109 pounds. A few sips on a special occasion is ok, in my opinion.

Im 7 weeks out and I have been drinking wine. I am a lover as well and did not drink 2 weeks before surgery then a month after. I know am pretty much back to my normal 2 glasses a night with no problems at all. I am considering the calories but at this point Im only drinking Protein shakes and Water I cant eat its not a good feeling yet.