Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's day one of post op and all went well. Bloated and gassy are my best friends right now...???????? but I am definitely looking forward to pass this stage and keep moving forward

Congrats on having a good recovery and welcome to the Loser's Bench! :-)

post-147109-0-11533700-1407802177_thumb.jpg

i'm six days postop. And totally normal. Keep walking. If you can walk for 10 minutes every 2 to 4 hours it will help. I feel great now and no more gas pain.

I had a LOT of gas pains the 1st week. I was miserable. I wasn't able to sleep on my side and the gas pains in my chest kept moving around. The sitting in my computer chair was the only comfortable position... and I've never been able to sleep in a chair. I'd get up and walk around the house for some relief, eat a bite of popsicle, and go sit back down. That went on for about 5 days. Then things just got better. By day 7 I was able to drive and get out. On day 11, I went back to work with no problems. I wasn't back to normal for weeks, but things got better day by day.

I am 4 days post op and in minimal pain but struggling with head hunger! I am obssessing about foods I cannot have right now but realise the WLS is just a tool: the real food issues lie in my mental-emotional state.

I can't use food to comfort myself anymore (thank goodness) but I feel I'm starting over and everything is strange and new...

Thanks for allowing me into your recovery, I thought it was just me I have all this pressure in my chest from the gas and so much pain and just using the bathroom in painful

Hi all. I had surgery on Monday. Everything is going well. I'm not enjoying the twice daily blood thinner shots but I understan the necessity. I am wondering how long it will take before I can swallow liquids, even a sip, without the sharp pain in my stomach.?

Yes - the blood thinning shots are not great but it's not forever and neither are the physical discomforts. Maybe you should see your doctor if you're still having sharp pains when you swallow: it might be your pain relief is not as effective as it should be.

Yesterday I made a liquid Stage Soup from a wls cook book called "Return to Slender." It was the most delicious thing I'd eaten all week AND my new pouch tolerated it!

I hope all goes well for everyone because this is not a procedure that any of us has taken lightly. xx

Yes - the blood thinning shots are not great but it's not forever and neither are the physical discomforts. Maybe you should see your doctor if you're still having sharp pains when you swallow: it might be your pain relief is not as effective as it should be.

Yesterday I made a liquid Stage Soup from a wls cook book called "Return to Slender." It was the most delicious thing I'd eaten all week AND my new pouch tolerated it!

I hope all goes well for everyone because this is not a procedure that any of us has taken lightly. xx

Thanks for the encouragement and where did you get that cook book I wonder if they have sample recipes online....????