Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Craving chocolate and sugar

Wish I knew. I crave those all the time. I started on that slippery slope and can't get off!

I try to stick with good quality dark chocolate with high cacao (coco) percentage & eat just a couple/ few squares.

Best to stay away from all those fruity things in them. Sometimes, it's not real fruit, it's "lab-created" fruit look alike with a little fruit juice in it. Blech! (Keep telling yourself THAT when you feel like the "fruity" chocolates.

Dark chocolate has some health benefits and is usually lower in sugars.

If you eat 1oz of the good dark chocolate before a meal, it reduces your hunger. If you eat the kind with hot chili peppers in it, it increases your metabolism too

when I do eat it, I keep in mind "It's for my health" while eating it (mindful eating). It's a once in awhile thing for me. Not a daily regimen.

The tricky part is not eating the whole thing or going on a choco-binge. That's just self control.

I found it's helpful to allow myself the dark choco once in awhile- without any guilt. Yes, I CAN have that! Re-framing my mind has reduced my cravings

Edited by NewLife'sGr8

Try the almonds that have cocoa on them. I find them just sweet and chocolate enough to kill those cravings. Also just discovered dole strawberry dippers in the freezer section of grocery. They are halved frozen strawberries dipped in dark chocolate. 60 calories a serving, 4 grams of fat, 6 grams of carbs, and 1 gram of Protein. They also gave banana dippers, but I'm not a fan of banana, much less frozen banana.

Sigh............. chocolate is my drug of choice, I can't seem to get off of it. I 'm very good about avoiding other unhealthy foods, but chocolate and I have a daily meeting. Any type or flavor, I pretty much like it. ( except dark chocolate, it gives me digestive problems ) I finally gave up fighting it and just have some . I figure there could be worse things to be addicted to.

May not be the best but if Im going crazy I get the Atkins coconut/chocolate or Peanut Butter chololate bars. tastes like an Almond Joy and a reeses cup

Once I start, I can't stop. It's easier for me to stay away than to have to stop (again). I'm sadly in a chocolate phase right now and know that I have to Just. Stop. I'm one of those people who can't moderate chocolate.< /p>

chocolate to me is like crack. made brownies for my husband at his request. I did eat a little of one to make sure it was okay (lol) but I did not eat the whole pan which In the past I would have done. so I think I can overcome my addiction if I put my mind to it..

Who says you can't have your chocolate and still lose weight:-) I HAVE to have something sweet at least once a day and this has been the case all along my journey. Of course they are a little modified BUT it works and you don't have to feel guilty later:-)

Double chocolate Chunk Quest Bars- 160cal, 20 g Protein

Skinny Cow Carmel and Peanut Butter filled Chocolates- 130 cal. for a package of 3 good sized squares

Skinny Cow Ice Creams- They have a chocolate ganache cone that is to die for- 160 cal.

Weight Watcher Brownies- 1 package of Pillsbury sugar free brownie mix, 1 can of black Beans drain and rinsed really well, add the Beans back to the can and fill with Water. Puree and add directly to the brownie mix DO NOT ADD ANY OF THE OTHER INGREDIENTS, stir and bake as directed. It sounds weird but they passed my picky kid test. They're really yummy!!1

sugar free Double Chocolate pudding cups- 60 cal.

Bleu Bunny Sugar Free Fudgesicles- 100 cal

If i crave it, i allow myself a little bit. Thats what got me all messed up in thw first place...i would say no sweets, no candy ect...then i would totally binge. Now i take a small piece and let it just melt in my mouth...really taste it and enjoy it. Once i try the one bite i notice the little bit i had was enough to satisfy my craving.

I am having issues with cutting the sugar out now. I need help!

There is a great section somewhere on the diet forum for a ton of different Protein Shake recipies...there are some amazing ones! Maybe switching up a shake will help?

I'm not so much a chocolate fan, but...

You can try Carob. Taste is similar to chocolate.< /p>

There are also sugar-free Chocolate candies from Russell Stover's, although they have sugar alcohol which can give you gas and diarhea if you eat too much at once.

You can also buy Premier Protein Chocolate drinks and Protein Bars.

I have 2 sugar free popsisicles per day. That satisfies for right now.