Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

im sure some of you have the same mental block as i do. i know the scale says i've lost 40 pounds which is awesome! and my family tells me they can see it. but i dont think i see it yet! i wish i could see my own progress but i see myself all the time i think i look the same. does anyone else have the same thing? i know i'm only a little over 2 months post op but i still feel like i look about the same. but i've heard that the heavier you are the more weight you have to lose to be able to start noticing. i started at 322 and im now at 282 which is awesome i just cant tell myself and i wanted to know if my fellow sleevers could see a difference that im not seeing! haha also what kind of workouts do y'all do? i havent been working out as much as i want to but i really want to start! if anyone has any good tips for workouts please let me know!

pictures on left is a few days after surgery and pictures on the right is from today

post-235047-0-30909000-1417064106_thumb.jpg post-235047-0-13879700-1417064117_thumb.jpg

post-235047-0-91559100-1417064147_thumb.jpg post-235047-0-55365000-1417064158_thumb.jpg

I absolutely can see the great work you have done so far! Keep up the great work! I think it is some kind of mental block where we can't see it in ourselves no matter how much we lose. Keep tracking your progress and taking pictures!

I absolutely can see the great work you have done so far! Keep up the great work! I think it is some kind of mental block where we can't see it in ourselves no matter how much we lose. Keep tracking your progress and taking pictures!

aww well im glad someone sees it! thank you!!!

I can see it very clearly! But I do feel like we can be our own worse critics, LOL.. Don't want to give ourselves credit for nothing. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

You have to really look at the pics you have taken. I sometimes can't see it day to day, but when I look at pics it always helps.

I can totally see difference!! Jut keep doing what you doing it is working!

One other thing you might want to try is trying on different clothes. I started at 314.8 and at 4 weeks out I have lost 32.6lbs. I bought a pair of jeans that were a size 22w (the jeans in my closet are 26w) at Marshall's which I got for $7.00. Figuring I could get into them eventually. Well I put them on today to show my daughter and I buttoned and zipped them. YIKES!! Totally surprised myself. Things like this can keep you motivated and moving forward.

You should also take your measurements monthly. You definitely look like you have lost inches!!

The scale says I've lost just over 20 pounds, but I can't see it. I CAN tell in how my clothes fit.

I feel the same way...Nothing has changed. That's how I feel. What I know is that my family and friends notice a difference, the scale is moving down, I am wearing a smaller size and my pre-sleeve clothes swallow me. It's a mental thing. Listen to what people tell you, allow yourself to accept the compliments. I had 38 yrs of self-deprication but I am learning to say Thank You when people say i look good. Its an everyday process. Keep up the good work!

I can see it!! Ihad lost 30 lbs and everyone around me is amazed of my 30 lbs lost. ....I can't not see it! But I'll advice you what my 9 yr old said "just look at the numbers they don't lie let them guide you"

The photos show a good loss. Im still pre op but lost 70lbs over 9 months with a diet programme and although Im in smaller clothes I still don't see myself as any thinner. Sure do feel better though!

I never used to look in the mirror when I was at my heaviest and so If it were not for photos I would not see the difference.

I also struggle with this. I've lost around 60 pounds since the start of this process and I feel like I look the same. I know I don't but it's weird how that can happen. Hopefully as time goes on we will adjust mentally to meet where we are physically!

Before you know it you will walk by a store window or a mirror and do a double take and wonder who is that person and it will be you. You will eventually see the results. That also takes time just like everything else. Lol. I look at a pair of jeans and think there is no way my butt is going to fit into that. But they slip on and button. Then I take them off and look at them and think how in the hell do those things fit me??? Lol. They are tiny! Shoot wouldn't fit one leg into them before surgery.

Edited by Thinkingthinner1109

thank you everyone for all the wonderful replys. it makes me feel alot better knowing other people struggle with the same things as i do and that its a common thing we all have.

You can definitely tell in the rear facing photos! Good for you!

You can definitely tell in the rear facing photos! Good for you!

You can tell. I think we look at ourselves for so long we just don't see it. but keep up the good work!! looking good!!