Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My weight loss journey

Hello everyone!

I am a 28 year old female posting from Johnson City Tennessee. I am 5'9 and 240 pounds. I am scheduled to have the sleeve done on December 22!

I honestly have some mixed feelings. I was so stoked up until the nutrition class today. I am terrible with numbers and any type of math (I have dyscalculia), so learning to read labels and convert to my body's changing needs was VERY overwhelming!

Does anyone have any good suggestions for apps that can help make this easier?

What about an idea of down time and what to expect the first couple of weeks after surgery? Are you able to sleep ok? Is pain bearable? I have 2 dogs and live alone so I'm wondering if I should consider boarding them. My parents will be helping me out the first week, but then the second week I'm on my own. I'm really hoping I will be ok after week one, though!

Sorry for the long rant, I am just feeling pretty anxious. I am self pay (my dad is paying) so I feel even extra pressure to make this a success!

Everybody's recovery time is different. However, I myself along with a lot of people who have posted on this forum, was up and moving independently in a day or so after surgery. There are several apps you can download like Livestrong to help you keep up with the nutritional aspect of this journey. Trust me, you'll be just fine.,

I love myfitnesspal and have used it daily since I started the journey. I would personally keep the dogs around, you want to walk around and have people around you to support you. My recovery was pretty good. Just felt very nauseous the first few days and could not bend. Just focus on the Protein and Fluid intake at the beginning. You don't want to get dehydrated..and honestly at the beginning you have no desire to eat or drink anything.

I also use my fitness pal. Everyday! I had zero down time with my surgery. I was up and going the day of my release. I did try to take it easy but could do everything independently. I didn't even take pain medication. Good luck to you with your journey!

Myfitnesspal here as well, linked to Pacer to keep track of my steps. I would recommend keeping the dogs around. You need to walk, walk, walk and the dogs will get you moving even when you don't feel like it. But honestly every time I feel sick at all, especially after eating, a walk even around the house helped a lot.