Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No energy

I am 4 weeks out and have no energy to work out. In the mornings I am worn out from getting sick. My doctor prescribed me zofran and an ear patch to help. Any suggestions on at home workouts or what you use for motivation?

I felt the same way in the beginning. Instead of a full workout, how about walking as you're able to?

i too am having a real energy issue, i'm only a week out. because life goes on and i can't stop living, i had to begin to introduce tiny amounts of carbs into my diet for energy. now i am able to make it in 2-3 hour stretches without collapsing from exhaustion. i use watered down apple juice as my energy of choice.

The anesthesia and other meds in your body can take WEEKS to get outta there.. so it makes you feel listless...but a small walk gets you up and out and you can progress from there. Start small, don't make it overwhelming for yourself and you will, eventually get there! Put on music and DANCE...have some fun...amazing how much is burned off with that!

My doctor gave me a prescription for zofran and an ear patch before my surgery. I wore the ear patch for surgery but still have the zofran. I thought it was for nausea? I also don't have any energy, if it'll help for energy, I'll take it. I had a bypass and am 5 weeks out.

My doctor gave me a prescription for zofran and an ear patch before my surgery. I wore the ear patch for surgery but still have the zofran. I thought it was for nausea? I also don't have any energy, if it'll help for energy, I'll take it. I had a bypass and am 5 weeks out.

It is for nausea. It doesn't help with energy. I guess we shall see what the time brings.

I was told to avoid serious exercise until 6 weeks out. I don't think you should push yourself too hard at this stage if you're feeling tired. Listen to your body and let yourself heal. I agree with Beaglelover's suggestion to focus on walking for now.

I'm 2.5 weeks post-op. I have found that doing something gives me more energy that anything else. If I just lay in bed, all I want to do is lay in bed. If I force myself up and take the doggy for a quick walk, I have more energy. Basically, just do it!

Everyone has a different reaction to the surgery. If you need a break, have one. I do suggest a light walk though. Nothing major. I had a metabolic acidosis problem to the surgery. Once I got out of that, I was booking. Again, each person reacts differently, so don't measure yourself to people like me. I know its out there and I'd like to address it.

If you can't do it, work simply on drinking your fluids and getting whatever Protein in you can. The light walks are going to help though.

I'm 2.5 weeks post-op. I have found that doing something gives me more energy that anything else. If I just lay in bed, all I want to do is lay in bed. If I force myself up and take the doggy for a quick walk, I have more energy. Basically, just do it!

Yes I try and go to the gym like 3-4 days a week. I'll get on a cardio machine and after 10 minutes I'm drained. It's frustrating.

Yes I try and go to the gym like 3-4 days a week. I'll get on a cardio machine and after 10 minutes I'm drained. It's frustrating.

Perhaps take in some carbs as you work out. Your body has not yet started to tap the fat reserves for energy,it may take several weeks to start metabolizing fat for energy.

You still need rest! You've put your body through major trauma, plus it takes anesthesia and those nasty pain meds quite a while to leave your body entirely. And then you're so restricted on caloric intake! I remember the early on exhaustion. It's normal, so just try to ride it out and be kind to your body. Take your time to heal, the rest will come

Just take your time. Walk a bit when you can. My surgery was at the beginning of March I didn't start working out on a regular basis until mid May and even then it took a while. Be careful when you start more intense workouts. About 6 months out I started having issues with my blood sugar dropping so make sure you eat a tiny bit before you work out or have some juice or something with you. Now I get in about 3 miles each morning at the gym and at least 10k steps a day. I also do weigh training a couple of days a week.