Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm going to be finishing my plastics in December. In August I had an abdominoplasty, butt lift with autologous fat flap, and brachioplasty. I love the results so far! So now I'm having a thigh lift (long scar inner thighs) and a breast lift with augmentation. I'm trying to decide what size breasts would be best. I'm interested in hearing from those of you who have had this surgery, and what your experience has been.

I've always been small busted, and not particularly happy with it. My shape used to be a pear, but I'm much more hour glass now post plastics and with my Victoria Secret bra. Right now I'm wearing a VS 36D perfect shape, super padded bra. That's pretty funny because I most certainly do not have a D cup. It's more like a deflated A, or maybe a small B. When I was young/thin, I wore a B cup. I think the shape and size I get with that bra looks pretty natural on my somewhat small torso. So, while I'm thinking that size bra looks pretty good, I don't want unnatural looking breasts, or breasts that require their own zip code. To me, the look I achieve in the bra does not look like what I would have thought a D would be.

For those of you who have had breast augmentation, how did you decide what size to get? Are you happy with the results? Are they uncomfortable, or difficult to lay on? How did you communicate to your physician what you wanted? Do you wish you had gone bigger or smaller? Thanks for any advice you can offer!

Mine are natural - boobs in general aren't terribly comfortable to lay on top of without a pillow.

The bigger you get them, the more that they sag and the more likely you are to have to have them relifted in 10 years.

A lot of the difference in shape has to do with the position (above or below the muscle), the shape of the implant (round vs. teardrop, anatomical projection).

If you haven't had a consult with your plastic surgeon yet, when you do he should have 'samples' of the different implants he uses and the different sizes. If you like the way you 'look' in a 36 d, get one with no padding.. see which size fills your cup in a way that you like, and get your surgeon's opinion - they know their wares, so to speak.

I wouldn't go larger than a C. I had reduction to C and it was perfect. When I gained weight and they got larger, very uncomfortable

I've always heard people usually regret not going bigger (including my own friends) I have big boobs right now and I'm sad to probably lose them Sooooo when this is all said and done I will get my big ones back! Of course that's a personal decision and I can "handle"'them ...what does Your surgeon suggest?

People say they regret going "too small" - but I had implants and lift done a year ago and as time goes on I am more and more satisfied with my relatively small implants. Like, on what planet is a "D" cup a small?

So here was the long painful thought process I went through....more of a journey...

-since I am doing it, might as well get those big hot boobs I never had

-everyone says "going too small you will regret it

-many members of Dr S patient support group seem to choose huge implants... can they all be wrong?

-hmmm... how will big boobs impact my active lifestyle?

-I have a fairly big ribcage/broad shoulders - will I still be able to wear a medium jacket after implants?-

-how will I look if I ever regain a little weight - will huge boobs make me look even heavier?

-in professional settings, can clothes fit me such that I look well put together, without feeling like I need to hide my figure?

I did several consults in the USA. One doctor advised me implants in the 200-275CC range. Another doctor let me try on the forms and I picked something over 300CC. She never said "those are too big" but she did say something that stuck with me. She told me i have an athletic build and very large breasts may wind up not being comfortable for me down the road and that I should think hard about it.

Then, the man I was dating was completely opposed to me getting implants. He had ex girlfriends with big implants and said they were not attractive, felt weird and got in the way of golfing, and active sports. He was an advocate of me just doing a lift (or doing nothing). I took my boys on a vacation to NYC 2 months before my plastics. He told me to look around at all the women in their 50s-60s who had obvious implants and think hard about what I wanted to look like. It made an impression on me. It wasn't always a great look - there were plenty of women who were a little older and looked frankly very top heavy and looked heavier than I bet they really are.

So, in the end I went with modest sized 240CC implants. I measured around the fullest part of my bust and decided I needed to stay under a certain measurement to get the clothing to fit and a certain look. When I tried on the "implants" I measured myself and basically selected the largest size that kept me in my circumference goal. I have visible ribs, but still take a 34 or 36 band size - I will always have a big ribcage and shoulders. I measure as a 34DD, but find that 36D fits well too. The Man I I was dating (mentioned above) thought my results were amazing - and he considers huge - but look and feel natural.

One of the things is that if your "pocket" size isn't very big then the implant might feel stuffed in there pretty tight. I also lucked out that he did the lollipop incision so there is no visible scarring. guessing smaller implant helped with that too.

I like that I can still wear medium jackets - around a size 8 - and it is still always the chest measurement that makes a fitted top or coat too tight. If I had gone any bigger, I would have gone up a size or two.

umm i had a reduction done about 10yrs ago.. i wanted my surgeon to make me as small as she could... She told me NO....

her reasoning

1. she likes to consider herself a body artist - wants to give people the body shape/type that matches.

2. Removing that much would add unnecessary hrs to the surgery and she didn't feel that the added risk was worth it.

She reduced me from well i'll be honest i don't honestly know what size i really was all i knew was i was HUGE.....down to a 36DD. folks would say wow that's still big.. and well yes i would agree.. but in all honesty i was glad she didn't make me any smaller at the time while i wasn't at my highest weight i wasn't at my ideal.. she encouraged me to work out and lose weight that they would continue to reduce as the rest of me but that they would now be in portion.

As my weight increased so did my size till i was a 44DD.. i'm back down to my comfortable 36DD with my weight loss and i'm amazed that they are still standing strong :)....

I guess the point or "points" :) of this note is talk with your surgeon and ask them what would suit your new body type.

Thanks to all for your responses. I've had several consults, and just got back from the surgeon's office who will be doing the surgery.

Right now, we are looking at around 400 cc. That doesn't really offer much guidance, though, because it depends on how much breast tissue you have to start with. I have almost none. We looked at pictures of people who look like me now in their before pics, and then with implants in a similar size. She didn't have anything for me to try on, so it's really hard to know. It also depends on how wide your breasts are, and how much projection you get. I am going with the small to mid range projection, and apparently my breasts are wide, so they said they wouldn't be too big.

@@CowgirlJane That is a great list of questions. I thought of many of those questions, too. I really don't want to look like an old fake woman - I'm OK with aging (mostly ;) ). I also don't want to have to buy a bigger size top. I currently wear an 8 or 10, some smalls and some mediums, but I sure don't want to up a size! She is going to extend the incision out a little, and remove some of the excess skin the hangs out around my bra strap, so that might make my torso a little smaller. Right now, that size 8/10 is with that lovely padded bra, so I'm relying on her good judgement in the OR to go no bigger than that. Makes me nervous!

I hadn't really thought about looking professional, but you are really right about that. I work in a professional setting where I really need to look the part. I think overly large breasts will detract from my desired look. I always think most people probably look best with what God gave them, so really large breasts just isn't me. I don't think God would mind a little help, though ;)

Edited by MichiganChic

I enjoy all sizes. :P

I enjoy all sizes. :P

????LMFAO

I am a man and will comment on this thread and let you know bigger isnt always better. You really have to look at your frame as a whole and decide if you want to look like an average woman with a nice shape, or basically a pole dancer...

Several years back, my wife who is small framed 5-4 120lbs got breast augmentation cause she felt they were a bit deflated after 2 kids and breastfeeding. She was always a small B cup and I didnt mind or care about the size, but she was always self conscious. When she was pregnant they plumped up and she like the way they looked, so she got the idea after they deflated to get breast implants.

I did not argue with her cause after all, if mamma is happy then daddy is happy.. So she went ahead and did it and wanted to go with stripper boobs. Her plastic surgeon refused to go that big on her and talked her into a much smaller size,I cant recall the CC she went with, I wanna say 400CC. But the plastic surgeon had some ethics and refused to make her look ridiculous.

At first they kind of stood straight up for about a year or so,but they do settle in nicely. Right now she is a large C cup borderline D cup and looks VERY NATURAL and that is what is most important in my opinion...

I will tell you this,my wife who is great with pain and never takes pain killers, took them for this and was fairly uncomfortable for about 7-10 days..

Good luck with whatever you choose to do but remember YOU have to be happy with what you choose.

Edited by JerseyJules

Personally I cannot see going HUGE if you were not that size before. I have always been a G cup from when I was 18 and 130 lbs to my highest at 275 pounds. All my sisters have large breasts as well as my daughters.

When I lost weight, I lost my breasts. They are part of my identity. The loss of them has been harder than the huge apron of skin.

I will pay out of pocket to have them lifted and augmented but I will not be going back to my original size. I feel DD is the biggest I will go. I have really enjoyed wearing button down shirts for the first time in my life. You don't get to do that with HUGE boobs.

I have had my breasts done THREE TIMES! I was a very thin size 4 when I had them done initially and they were D's. I looked good, I guess, if you want to look like a stripper. I made a double breasted blazer look sexy.:-). First go round - over the muscle. Big mistake. Looked amazing for 6 months and then started to fall. Had to have them redone and placed under the muscle after 12 months. Very expensive. Then - a few years go by and a few pounds go on and they just make you look FAT, not sexy. So, back for third time for smaller, narrower implants. Now, I wish they were even smaller because it is not in style to have big breasts at ALL, they ruin the line in clothes and as the years go by I just find them to look more and more matronly. I can't face doing them again or I would. Nothing bigger than a small C. That's a sexy size but "wearable." Victoria's Secret models are Bs, by the way. You can always choose bras that take your nice tight B or C and bring them up a size if you like - but you don't need to be stuck carrying these overly large things around all the time.:-)

Mine will be implanted under the muscle, too. I agree, I don't want to look matronly or out of proportion for my age. And I don't want to be stuck with anything huge. Uggh. I wish I could try them on and decide while I'm in surgery, and decide for myself!

I just had mine augmented and lifted and I am very happy with the results. My doctor suggested 400cc implants which should put me around a C-D range, however I was sure I was going to end up with giant boobies. The first two weeks after surgery they were huge, but it's been 3 months now, they have dropped, and they are perfect. I almost like the higher look better, but now they look completely natural, which is I suppose the idea. My final size is a 34DD in Victoria Secret size (it seems like different companies have slightly different sizes). Given I started as a 36DD I am not sure how that worked out, but I'm not complaining. They don't look huge at all- in fact they actually look much better than my natural version when they were all stuffed inside a push-up. I was very glad I went with my doctor's advice, otherwise I would have likely been upset.

Past the size though, the fact that you don't really need to wear a bra and they're just suspended on your chest in perfect round bouncy beautifulness is the best part of the surgery. I love my new girls! :)

These are my wife's 400cc's about 5 years post surgery. they are under the muscle and look very natural. For the first year or so they kind of stood up on their own, but eventually drop into a more natural position. The only way you can visually tell they are implants is some ripple on the sides if she bends over in certain positions. Other than that they look natural..

post-241637-0-68734100-1417366068_thumb.jpg