Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

King's Daughters Hospital - Ashland Ky

Views
Started by vstepp, May 17, 2007 3:17 PM
10 replies to this topic
10 replies to this topic

vstepp

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted May 17, 2007 - 3:17 PM

My father is considering having LAPBAND surgery at King's Daughters hospital in Ashland, Ky. (I had mine in Georgetown, KY) Does anyone have any feedback on King's Daughters, or Dr. Tompkins and Dr. Wheeler????

marcy

• Surgeon: James Wagner
  • Starting Weight: 289
  • Weight Lost: 90
  • Current Weight: 199
  • Goal Weight: 180
Posted May 20, 2007 - 8:23 PM

Kings daughter hospital in ashland ky is the greatest. They have been a part of my family history. I myself was born at kings daughter. All of the staff at the hospital are wonderful. You shouldn't have anything to worry about? Marcy

Gibson

Conversation Starter

• My Blogs
Posted July 18, 2007 - 8:59 AM

I'm bumping this because it looks like this is where I'm going to have to have my surgery after all.

marcy

• Surgeon: James Wagner
  • Starting Weight: 289
  • Weight Lost: 90
  • Current Weight: 199
  • Goal Weight: 180
Posted July 18, 2007 - 7:19 PM

Gibson, do you have a surgery date? I am still waiting and have been since oct 06. My insurance is hard to get lapband surgery approved. Speaking of Kings daughter Hospital, I was there 3 weeks ago to visit my aunt. Again I tell you not to worry as this hospital is the greatest. I come to Ashland to visit my family occasionally. Do you live in Ashland? Keep in touch as it helps to have the support from friends. Marcy

Gibson

Conversation Starter

• My Blogs
Posted July 20, 2007 - 6:38 PM

Thanks for the reply, Marcy! Nope, I don't live in Ashland, I live around two hours south of there but since I live thick in the sticks Ashland is the closest surgery center. I'm glad to know that you have a lot of faith in the hospital! I talked to the wife of a man who had lap band surgery there a couple of years ago and she said it was FABULOUS! I feel so much better now. =)

Gibson

Conversation Starter

• My Blogs
Posted July 20, 2007 - 6:39 PM

Oops, I said all that and didn't answer one of your questions! No, I don't have a surgery date yet. No where near it, unfortunately. But I'm not giving up!!!

bandstertobe

Posted January 23, 2008 - 9:05 PM

Hey guys, I just wanted to add that I had surgery at Kings Daughters in November. Dr Wheeler is my surgeon. I loved the hospital and Dr Wheeler. The office staff is great too!

Gibson

Conversation Starter

• My Blogs
Posted January 24, 2008 - 9:01 PM

I've finally been approved and my pre-op surgical visit with Dr. Tompkins in next week. I'll keep you guys posted!

cookienay

Posted January 24, 2008 - 10:01 PM

So glad to hear you all love KDMC!! I am an employee of the medical center and am very proud of the work we do. I see Dr. Wheeler on 2/11 to schedule surgery and am so excited!! By the way, Dr. Wheeler and Tompkins are great. They have good outcomes and the SWL staff are wonderful and sooooo supportive. Best wishes to all!!!

Kystar

Posted May 30, 2008 - 3:58 PM

Hello
first time posing here I been lurking on and off
I am going to the seminar in Paintsville on june 19th
I am scared about all of this
took me a week to make the call It's a big scary frist step
can someone tell me about the seminars

thanks Donna

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users