Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Compression garment for brachioplasty

I just had a brachioplasty done on my arms and I'm wondering if anyone can suggest compression garments they have used

Did your surgeon not recommend one?

It would probably be a beast to get on now, especially if you have staples.. but http://slimpressions.com/shop/index.php/tops/arms.html is very nice for afterward (or before)

I'm having a brachioplasty as part of a plastics procedure tomorrow and I've also had a hard time finding something that would work. My doctor will give me ace bandages which are just wrapped around the arms and which I need to wear for two weeks but I was hoping for something more comfortable. I ended up getting the Marena arm compression from makemeheal.com, which if you order that, order a size or two lower- their size chart is wrong. I also bought some little girl tights which I cut off the feet and slid over my arms on a reccomendation from someone else. Totally didn't work. Last night I got a few packages of that sticky wrap that you see people use on athletes, which will work like an ace bandage but not be as thick.

I'll be watching this thread to see if anyone else has better ideas!

Wow...interesting...I would have thought the dr/hospital would provide those!

@@aayers88 Sorry I don't know an answer for that but does it hurt? You know for future reference lol!

Dr Sauceda provided them. I woke up from surgery wearing a size medium compression garment. My joke being.. size TODDLER medium!

Anyway get one ASAP. I can't emphasize how important they are for healing, scar management etc.

My doc didn't recommend them, and I didn't wear them. I wish I had, though, because I had really awful swelling. She said there isn't evidence to support that the compression garments do anything. My scars look pretty good.

As a follow-up to my earlier post in this thread, I seem to have found a compression technique that is working. My surgery was yesterday and they sent me home wrapped in Ace bandages for compression. This morning I took all of my bandages off so I could take a shower. When I was done, I had a hard time getting the bandages wrapped as tightly as they were before, so I got out the little girl tights I didn't think would work and it's been perfect. I also had bought the Marena sleeves, but it's virtually impossible to get into them without unsnapping the back and when you unsnap the back to get them on you can't reach back far enough to resnap. So...from my experinece today, a great way to get decent compression is to wrap your arms in those bandages, which should be how they send you home and then slide your arms into a pair of little girls tights that have been cut in half.

Good luck with your surgery! :)