Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That sucks! I hav'nt got mine done yet and I've been wondering about the pain.

I too have heard that some people are up walking around straight away.

Just wandering, what pain medications have they given you for the pain?

Ha ha ha! I was up and walking easily 30 minutes after surgery. Was back to work in 3 days. Lots of people just do t have that much pain. Lucky us.:-)

Pain post-op really varies, person to person. I wish I knew why. But I don't.

I was one of the lucky ones. Yes, there was some discomfort, but it certainly wasn't "OMG so much pain"!

Hang in there, you got the fuzzy end of the lollipop on this one. Take whatever pain meds you can get your hands on...

even though its same procedure everyone is different hang in there hopefully every day it starts to feel better.complain to doc get better pain med.good luck to you

The gas pain was bad for a day but that went away the more I moved around! The incision pains were never terrible. What has been the worst is the feeling when actually eating and drinking. My healing stomach hurt so bad the first few days and everything tasted terrible. I honestly started to have an anxiety attack that "I broke myself" by doing this surgery. And I am one of the lucky ones...absolutely no complications! Every single day it has been a little better than thee last! Hang in there, I know I am!

Keep an eye on the level of pain okay. there are layers of flesh that they stitch. it is not just the outer layer of skin. so it can become uncomfortable for some who have strained their incisions in some way. Or it could just be your pain tolerance level. but if you continue to feel extreme pain. Please call your surgeon and get it looked into. Better safe then sorry! :)

Ha ha ha! I was up and walking easily 30 minutes after surgery. Was back to work in 3 days. Lots of people just do t have that much pain. Lucky us.:-)

Ha ha ha is not encouraging. It is good, wonderful and a blessing you were one of the fortunate ones. Thank god for that. Please be more supportive. This is a real issue being felt by a real person. I know that if someone said Ha ha ha to me with everything that I have been through..... Well, you can guess the rest.

@@ELI.p.m Lol! That made me laugh! Not at your pain I'm sorry about that but because that's exactly what I said in the recovery room....add explicit content to that but yep LIARS!! Lol!

For me the first 4 days totally sucked... try to walk as much as you can - It gets better!!! Feel better :)

I'm a week post op as if today and I have been sooo uncomfortable. I was able to walk right away but there was pain. The Hycet was so strong for me,I started weaning myself off early so I felt a lot. I made it worse when just laid around in my nightgown. When I started getting up and getting dressed I felt a little better each day. I had to sleep in my recliner at first, now I can sleep on my side on the couch with lots of pillows. Not too long on the left side where most of my pain is. Follow up appt is today. I've already lost 10lbs

I'm sorry to hear. I think surgery and the recovery depends on the person. Hope you feel better soon.

I had a lot of pain. I had to FORCE myself to get up and walk around the house every hour. They really want you up and moving to help circulate the blood. I know it's hard...I couldn't go shopping at all the first week.. in fact I didn't leave my house I did all my walking indoors. The second week i had a lot of pain but i was able to move around carefully and walk around stores. The third week i went out everyday and walked but i was still tender in my main incision.... and now I'm going on my 4th week and for some reason all my pain seems to have vanished overnight! It will get better for you! Watch the pain though if it gets too much to handle call your doctor.

It will get better! Hang in there! I'm 6 days post-op and still in quite a bit of pain. I actually regretted doing this up until yesterday when my pain started to decrease a little.

When I'm in pain, I just try to picture myself skinny and my anxiety actually decreases. :-)

Oh and I'm still feeling hungry all the time...I'm not sure if it's just in my head or if I'm really still hungry all the time. :-( I'm sick of the liquid diet already.

But...I'm gonna be skinny, I'm gonna be skinny, I'm gonna be skinny.... ????