Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any 5ft5 30yr old woman who weighed about 250 before vsg have before & after pics without plastic surgery?

Sorry I can't type question in this section. I am typing blindly right now it won't see what I'm typing

I am asking for similar stats as mine to get an idea about how much loose skin ill have. My arms are bad already & my lower stomach. I think it's from losing & regining over the years. That & 1 pregnancy with c section.

I'm not before and after but I'm close to your starting stats. I'm 30, 5'5.75", 244. Haven't had any kids and I know that changes your body. I gain weight all over but my stomach just got some new stretch marks in August and my arms are flabby too. Just started Atkins as directed by my nutritionist for surgery. The extra Protein and far is supposed to be good for the skin too. Surgery date is 1/7. When's yours? We should buddy up.

5'5 240 at start, 44 and 2 kids

At 175 now

I have a "shelf" of fat hanging over my pannis, some loose skin on my upper thighs but nothing significant

The arms are pretty loose but haven't been very good about upper arm excercises

Mostly the remaining fat and loose skin is in my belly. I need to start doing some care excercise

My surgery was on June 24

Hi there! I am still waiting for a referral nurse to call me to make an appointment to see a surgeon who takes my insurance. I already have my stomach like hanging over my underwear as it is so I'm hoping it will go away after weightloss. I know when I lose weight on my own it just gets smaller. Lol

I'm a little concerned about loose skin but only time will tell because every body is different. I did go from 205 - 145 very slowly over the course of 6 years when I was in my teens. I remember having an issue with my thighs but it eventually worked itself out. I just kept strength training and eating right. They say nothing is certain until after 2 years. I'm willing to have surgery if need be.

You can check out my before and afters. I'm a little taller (5'7") and my starting weight was a little higher (278), but it might give you an idea. There are tons of pictures in my blog (link in siggy below) or on my profile here. Good luck to you! :-)

As an FYI, if you are worried about the extra skin, the two best things you can do for yourself are exercise and being religious about using products with Vitamin E, Keratin or that are tailored for stretch marks. My cousin had the bypass a few years back and started off pretty big (+300) and has very little sagging skin or stretch marks , no more than a person who hasn't had surgery. She swears her trick was exercising daily and lotioning several times a day to keep her skin supple. I've already bought a stretch mark cream from Clarins that I'm using every day after the shower to try and prep my skin. I've noticed some new ones that popped up a few months ago are already starting to go away.

As an FYI, if you are worried about the extra skin, the two best things you can do for yourself are exercise and being religious about using products with Vitamin E, Keratin or that are tailored for stretch marks. My cousin had the bypass a few years back and started off pretty big (+300) and has very little sagging skin or stretch marks , no more than a person who hasn't had surgery. She swears her trick was exercising daily and lotioning several times a day to keep her skin supple. I've already bought a stretch mark cream from Clarins that I'm using every day after the shower to try and prep my skin. I've noticed some new ones that popped up a few months ago are already starting to go away.

What's it called?

I have heard that moisturizing is a big factor, but it's still very much genetics. If anyone has told you that you carry your weight well, I think that is a big indicator. I live in a hard Water desert and it gives me lots of skin issues. Humid climates are just better for your skin. The rest of us must lotion up. supplements are a must as well. I love hair, skin, and nails Vitamins but I know others who swear by prenatals.