Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My daughter and i had the sleeve on Nov 13, 2014 she has lost 20 lbs .. at first I thought ok she is just one of the unfortunate ones who has extreme nausea.. But she cant put anything down without burping and gagging. She follows the rules as far as... not drinking anything 30 min before having a creamy Soup. nothing after for one hour. She is miserable with this she takes prilosec, and zofran and tums. I also thought ok maybe its the Protein Shakes and shes sensitive or allergic to whey... Its everything even Water little sips that elicit that response... Help anyone!

Has she seen her doctor yet? Or spoken to her nutritionist? That may be the way to go to get some advice and maybe to alternatives because she will need her Protein and all the fluids she can intake as to not be dehydrated. I hope she gets better soon.

Hi there. On yesterday I called my dr due nausea and couldn't keep any liquids down. My surgery was 11/19/14. My chest was tight and lots of pressure. The tests revealed my esophagus was swollen and I needed steroids and pain meds. After these meds were administered and instantly I felt like a million bucks. My nausea came from not being able to get liquids down as well as

the gases in my stomach. I hope you feel better.

I am 14 days post gastric sleeve and am also experiencing nausea, watery mouth and the thought of food disgusts me. This has only been going on 2 days and I hope it resolves soon. I'm with ya any advise would be appreciated :)

I am so glad to see this post and to know I am not alone! My mother had the sleeve in May and I just got my sleeve Nov4. I have had no physical pain and was walking the day of surgery. I however have had a major issue with nausea and sickness. I was down 17lbs on my first dr visit post op. I asked if I was "normal" and he said everyone is different . He's. A great dr and had given me zofran as well as phenagrin to help and is a phone call away if needed. He advised I am still healing and to take things sllloooowwww. Slow down your going to fast. I keep telling myself. That being said I'm a little more tired at night than normal and feel it's directly related to the lack if liquid/food intake(protein) I simply do tiny tiny tiny bites one then wait a bit for the next. Spacing them out. I certainly hope she is feeling better.

Today I am thankful for having this surgery and having this site for part of my support system. Thank you all for being here to share your experiences!

I am feeling the same way! I feel as a Elephant is sitting in my chest that only goes away if I burp, God I hope this gets better soon!

I had the same problem post op. I had to have my nausea meds changed from zofran to phenergan and added zantac and a stomach coating solution carafate. I'm better everyday I was sleeved on Halloween. Good luck and call the Dr, I ended up on fluids for dehydration as well so please be careful.