Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 7, 2015! SO EXCITED!

I'll be having my VSG with Dr. Alvarez in Piedras Negras on Saturday, March 7th. He cost a bit more than others, but I feel a peace that surpasses all understanding in regards to this doctor.

I chose this date because I am a teacher and that is the weekend leading into Spring Break. HOPEFULLY I can take that week to recover and be ready to go back to work on the 16th. I also chose a date a little further out so I could have time to get my mental together. I'm not nervous about the actual procedure, just about doing my part AFTER the procedure.

I am coming from the Dallas area, so I plan to make the 6 hour drive on Friday after work. As of now, my sister is coming with me. Road trip! :)

I've been OBSESSED with reading pre-op threads ever since I got my date. My CLEAR liquid pre-op is supposed to start on February 14th (3 weeks long!). I KNOW this will be hard for me, so I've decided on a plan to help ease the transition some.

Starting December 1st, I will do 1 week of Clear liquids, then 1 week of "post VSG eating", then another week of Clear Liquids, and another week of "post VSG eating"...and so forth all the way until it's time for me to officially start the liquid diet.

The countdown has begun! 104 days from today, I will begin my journey toward a healthier, happier me!

@ Congrats and good luck!

@ so excited for you. my experience is a little different I am a insurance pay so my dr has me doing nutrition classes and psychological evaluation. I am also hoping to have mine in March just waiting on a day. Glad to see someone is already planning as far ahead :)

Edited by gigim84

What a wonderful day. It is my Birthday!! Mine isn't until 24th March. Maybe I can talk my Surgeon into changing it to 7th March as my birthday present HA HA.

Thank you all SO much! It's getting close. I have a countdown going on my phone and my surgery is 65 days from today! Can't wait!

Yeyy you!!! I was going to have surgery with dr alverez on March 10th but then decided to go with Dr clayton frenzel in arlington Texas because I am also from Texas!!! So my surgery is on march 11 2015. (2months 8 days) yeyy I can't wait to get this started. Well good luck and I'll pray for you

I am seeing dr. Alvarez not the 9th in Tijuana .... can't wait ... I am also a teacher ...aND chose my procedure date for that reason exactly

@@Nikkidoodlebug That's awesome! I considered Dr. Frenzel as well. Great choice! You'll be in my prayers as well. We don't have much longer to go...

@ I am not familiar with the Dr. Alvarez in Tijuana, but all the best wishes for you! :). Less than 60 days away!

That's because i am a dork and his name is Dr. Vazquez in Tijuana!!!

My surgery is scheduled for March 11th! I picked this date because of spring break as well. I work in the interlocal office that pays the special ed staff and we get spring break off as well! I am so excited! Wishing you much success and can't wait to hear about your journey!

I work at a school and want to do my Spring Break as well! I have an appointment with Dr. Frenzel on February 7. What hospital are you using for your surgery with him?

2 days before my surgery & I'm having to reschedule...literally in tears

Well I'm having a rough week, I'm suppose to be on this pre-op diet but I've had my honey in the hospital sense I was to start the diet. So I've been trying to do my best away from home. Then on top of all my stress I get a call this evening that with my upper GI they found my hernia, great!! And I guess what, I'm cash pay so that's an extra 1000.00 after just paying them 10,500.00 cash!!! I'm so tired! I don't know how I'm gonna get this 1000 dollars but I have to do it! Wish me luck