Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Esophogus/chest pain, tightness

Hi. Last night I started getting this brightness in my chest along with a pain in my chest esophogus area. Kind of feels like when you swallow to big a gulp of Water and hurts going down except in this case that feeling isn't going away in a few seconds. Hurts to burp or hiccup or breath in as the feeling is mor prevalent then. Any ideas? I'm just miserable and hoped I would sleep it off but still here this morning. Seemed a bit better until I took a sip of water and right back to a bad as it was. Im.on omeprazole btw.

Thx

PLEASE call your surgeon. He or she is the ONLY person qualified to answer your question. Hope you feel better soon!

It's Sunday. :(

They have answering services for patient emergencies every day of the week. If the surgeon does not return your call, go to the ER.

I just spoke with surgeon. He said I should go to EL to get chest checked out if I think it's something with chest. But sounds like narrowing of esophagus. Thinks something may have irritated it and it's swollen. Only pureed I had yesterday was 2 tsp applesauce and a laughing cow cheese licked over the course of 30 mins. He suggested trying just liquid all day and see if that helps reduce swelling of esophagus otherwise call them tomorrow so they can maybe get me in.

ER not EL. I'll see what my wife thinks when she wakes. Hurts to even swallow a sip of Water

Oh and last night for a few hours I had such bad shivering/chills. 3 comforters and was still shivering . That finally did pass after a couple of hours though.and brightness above should have read tightness

There will be a resident on call. The resident may instruct you to go to the ER, but you can always call your doctor.

FYI - It sounds like stacking. What did you eat before that feeling occurred?

Wake her up.....seriously.....a sip of Water hurts to swallow and your surgeon says to go to the ER and you are waiting?????

There will be a resident on call. The resident may instruct you to go to the ER, but you can always call your doctor.

FYI - It sounds like stacking. What did you eat before that feeling occurred?

so.e chicken broth a bit before it started. Worse after I had a laughing cow cheese I guess. Like an hour afterwards. But that's it otherwise liquids

I was told that stacking can occur if we eat too fast or drink too soon after eating. It's that stuck in the throat feeling you're describing. Glad you called the doctor. Keep us posted as to what happens. Hope you feel better soon!

Yeah that's why I wanted to sleep it off to see how I was this morning. But no luck. I'll let you know. Thx all

Headed to the ER. Will keep you posted. So lethargic. Haven't been getting much in probably because of this esophagus issue.

Good luck to you. You've sure had a rough couple of weeks. I hope whatever is going on is easily resolved.