Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Depression and stress

I was sleeved in May 2014. I've lost 70 lbs. my husband was sleeved at the same time. He's lost closer to 100 lbs. he gets a lot more compliments than I do. I'm noticeable but not as significant as him. He's drawing a lot of attention from female admirers. Two of which he's not ignored. He's started online friendships with them that include some very questionable conversations that I find very inappropriate for a married man. He says he loves me and I have nothing to worry about since he's home with me every day and night. This whole thing makes me sick. I've become very depressed and feel so lonely. Last night I took a handful of pills. Enough that I knew would make me very sick but my daughter ended up taking me to the ER and I am fine. I took two of those same pills tonight hoping they would make me sleep but all I've done is make myself more anxious. Any other couples where the weight loss but a significant strain on their marriage? How do you cope?

Edited by DevilDog

I feel sorry for you. But you really need to talk to a professional. You have deep unfortunate marriage issues. This seems like the last place to get advise. I wish you luck. God Bless you.

I was sleeved in May 2014. I've lost 70 lbs. my husband was sleeved at the same time. He's lost closer to 100 lbs. he gets a lot more compliments than I do. I'm noticeable but not as significant as him. He's drawing a lot of attention from female admirers. Two of which he's not ignored. He's started online friendships with them that include some very questionable conversations that I find very inappropriate for a married man. He says he loves me and I have nothing to worry about since he's home with me every day and night. This whole thing makes me sick. I've become very depressed and feel so lonely. Last night I took a handful of pills. Enough that I knew would make me very sick but my daughter ended up taking me to the ER and I am fine. I took two of those same pills tonight hoping they would make me sleep but all I've done is make myself more anxious. Any other couples where the weight loss but a significant strain on their marriage? How do you cope?

The hospital didn't keep you??? Honey, if you're taking a handful of pills and admitting your depressed, you have a serious problem!!! That is suicidal behavior. I can't believe they did not keep you. I've been in your shoes several times.

You need to see someone like YESTERDAY. Do not hesitate to start seeking therapists. If you are self medicating or purposely over dosing then get in to ER. I've been on the psych floor. It's actually very helpful. It isn't men in white coats. It's everyday people that just can't cope. You have to do group therapy all thru the day. It really helps and you lean on and also support those around you.

Your husband sounds like an a$&, sorry to say.

PLEASE GET HELP ASAP!

I'm not sure understand ...

Are you saying you attempted a fake suicide to get your husband's attention?

Is that what you said?

Is that what you said?

You clearly do not have the capacity to deal with a depressed person. That was cold and out of line and inappropriate. If you have nothing useful to say to this women then I think you should excuse yourself from this page.

Is that what you said?

No, i wasn't trying to fake anything. I took extra because I just really wanted to sleep. It was early in the day and I wanted to sleep night. I thought it might make me sick but it didn't. Was just wanted to sleep a while to get the ache away for a while.

Oh Honey, you can't control his behavior (which is terrible) but this isn't about him, it's about you. Please call your doctor and explain what you have done. Let them help you get the help you need. You are worth it.

I hope your imagination is just getting the best of you. You are doing fine in your weight loss. It might be in your best interest to revisit the psychologist you visited pre-op. On my pre-op visit Mine told me the things you are describing happens sometime. Don't let jealousy get you down...it's a powerful and potentially destructive emotion. Best wishes!

Please talk to a professional and be honest with them. It'll help and we all need help at times. It will get better.

And wow vsg! So glad I don't know you so that you can't judge me or others close to me on days when we struggle.