Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY! Any last minute advice?

Surgery at 3pm tomorrow! I survived the one week liquid diet and looking forward to the next steps... any last minute advice or guidance??

Make sure to walk to help with the gas pains. Sip Water as often as possible and if you get nauseous you might try hot mint tea. It helped me a ton! You got this!!!

Good luck. And stay strong!

Start trying to really like yourself. And congratulate yourself for doing such a great leap of faith. You can lose AND maintain a good weight loss. Keep us posted. It helped me to be on this site and learn new things!

Yes, I agree with everything said.....I am new here and 4 years out..... It is exciting to hear someone talking about having this done it brings me back to my beginning...I did lose 110 and am still there...Thank God...... Anyway just do what they say the best you can but be kind to your self and remember 1 day at a time.....

Don't eat bark off the trees!

...even though, ravenous, you'll want to

over the next few weeks

while getting fills that at 1st-

you don't feel any restriction from

Lol @@NewLife'sGr8! Thats where i am right now! I was banded mid october and am awaiting my first fill! Haha! As for advice definitely walk...and dont drink Water too fast! I was so thirsty as soon as i was discharged i drank way too much at one time...nothing good came out of it...remember baby steps! Sip, walk and take meds as needed! You got this! And dont forget as you feel better give us an update! :) good luck!

funky_monkey

I'm relatively 'newbie' on BP but I'm 5yrs out from banding. I feel SO lucky to have discovered this site!

Am getting back "in-tune" with my band after a bad setback- not due to me nor band failure.

Thankfully, none of that awful post-op gas for me now.

You'll love your results!

I'm down ~100lbs

Looking forward to 'normalizing' with my band again & attaining my goal

Keep us posted how your doing. This site's fabulous for tips, tricks, advise

Wow @@NewLife'sGr8! That is amazing!! Congrats! I think it will be definitely worth it! Cant wait till my goal is reached! One day at a time though right?! As for me i need to get past the being hungry all the time! ;)

you will get past being hungry somewhere between the 2nd-4th fill. Everyone's different.

Don't get frustrated with slower weightloss program. It took me 4yrs (at my request due to a slew of ortho surgeries during that time- wanted enough nutrients to heal well).

Then one day, there I was, 100lbs lighter & people were calling me 'skinny' (i'm not @ 160 lol). Still, I feel pretty great most of the time. When I'm not, it's life-stuff, not band-driven.

You're gonna nail this, I know!

Thank you so much! You are definitely an inspiration! 100 lbs is so amazing!! I love to hear success stories!! I so look forward to the day when i reach my goal!

We can look forward to achieving our goals together. I'm not there yet, but have faith I will.

Keep us posted. :)

Thanks all for the advice. Doing well. Between one week liquid pre op and 6 days post op, I am down 16 pounds. Not really hungry yet so doing what I can to get Protein Drinks in. Been up and out since 2 days post op walking at least 30 minutes. Even got a law school final in 3 days post op :). Very very very sore at port site but it is getting a bit better every day. No regrets - just looking forward to losing the last 53!! Thanks for the support - enjoy your thanksgiving!!

And REST. After my surgery I took the time to rest and relax. This isn't a quick fix. It is the start of a wonderful journey. During my first two weeks, I spent time in organizing my new life and eating habits. Write your Wish list. Clean out your closet, find interesting and good recipes.