Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last night I baked a beautiful banana cake and covered it with butter frosting. then I made Cookies. They are called boy scout cookies. They have cranberries and chocolate chips in them....

I have walked past both at least 20 times today and have not even looked at them until this last time when I got some Water to drink....

I am wondering if I am finally getting a little farther in my journey. Am I learning new eating habits after all. And how much of these baked goods are going to hit the trash can in a week....hmmmmmmmmmmm

This is so cool! :)

How are you doing with your relationship with food?

That's really awesome! So far I'm doing pretty well. I still have a long way to go but I'm thrilled with my progress. Last week I took my folks to the beach and they have horrible eating habits. They had all kinds of salty and sweet goodies in the room and we of course "ate out" for every meal. I had packed along some Protein shakes to make sure I got all my Protein in and although I wasn't as stellar as I usually am with my choices I managed to lose 4 lbs. I was THRILLED! They were constantly offering me "junk". Most of the time I wasn't even tempted. Last year I would have said...heck, I'm on vacation, it's ok.... I too am baking as it is one of my most favorite things to do and I'm giving it all away. I occasionally have a bite of something I made but I'm no longer a food victim. It feels wonderful and freeing. As a matter of fact last night I bought myself a new pair of warm jammies that FIT and a new outfit for Christmas parties. I am really looking forward to the holidays and am not concerned about the food at all. Wow....who knew?

All that being said, I wish there was a warm drink that I enjoyed....drinking cold Water when it is freezing outside is not all that refreshing. So...if anyone has any suggestions, I'm game! I don't care for coffee or hot tea.

Sounds to me like you are slaying the dragon. Good for you kid! And your right it has always been my thing I'm on vacation attitude....I don't use that anymore either.....

I am proud of the changes I have made and hope for more as I travel this road....

Try Pinterest and put in Bariatic recipes and then Hot drinks. You may find something there. I drink a sugar free hot chocolate now and then it helps! :)

Once it gets to fall I start baking pumpkin bread. Three loaves per recipe. I've already baked two batches so far. Given away some and my family enjoyed. I guess becauseI had to kick a serious caffeine and sugar addiction I'm afraid of going back there. So no pumpkin bread for me, but I so enjoy baking. I was tempted to take that first hot end slice. So tempted. But I also realized not doing so was a fleeting thought and not an obsessive one. I guess I'm making progress.

menza menz... I baked my honey some Crown Royal Cookies that he found on Facebook...he loved them...I didn't want a one, no interest.

He doesn't like/eat a lot of crap so we don't have it in the house. We have had buffets set up here at work, usually behind MY desk, and I look at it all and it makes me sick to my stomach...all those frostings and sugar coated gunk...

Not to say I don't eat some things I shouldn't...but I stay pretty true to Protein first and foremost

@@sophie'sChoice. I make hot cocoa with skim milk, cacao powder (OMG, U MUST GET THIS!!!!) and stevia. 9 grams of Protein and about 130 calories. My end of day comfort. If I'm low on protein I do 12ounces of milk for more protein. If I need even more protein I add half a scoop of unflavored Protein Powder. Yes the calories go up, but it's within my plan for the day.

It is strange. My sweet tooth has returned at 3 months out. But when I went to the store and saw all those bakery goodies, I did not want one. I try to stick to my Protein Drinks for that sugar monster. I also found a sleeve friendly recipe for no bake Peanut Butter Protein Bars.< /p>

Once it gets to fall I start baking pumpkin bread. Three loaves per recipe. I've already baked two batches so far. Given away some and my family enjoyed. I guess becauseI had to kick a serious caffeine and sugar addiction I'm afraid of going back there. So no pumpkin bread for me, but I so enjoy baking. I was tempted to take that first hot end slice. So tempted. But I also realized not doing so was a fleeting thought and not an obsessive one. I guess I'm making progress.

Sounds like something my skinny hubby would like. Can you PM me the recipe. Thank you...:) sounds like your being very successful because you could have a piece if you wanted to. Even that crust, but you chose well this time. Each little success leads to us retraining our brains in regards to whether we are hungry or just want it for the wrong reasons..

If I have a treat it is just because I want a treat not because I need it..... Great isn't it how we change!!!! :)

Good for you! I am not there yet, but can't wait till I am! BTW, sounds delicious!

You guys are good inspiration and make me hopeful. I lost my sense of addiction and cravings for stuff off my plan for a long while, and then it seemed to come back. Now I fight it every day again, and I HATE it. I wish I could unhook from the thought of sweets - but it's like it's always there. I don't keep stuff like that around the house, so if I eat it, it's when i'm out, so not constant--but I do it and wish I hadn't. I'd love to get that feeling of freedom from addiction I felt during my first 4-5 months after my sleeve. I"m wondering if these occasional indulgences are part of the trigger for it being ongoing now.

And yes - I've thought about therapy, so have a referral appt with my primary care doc today to get that rolling. Sigh. I hope I can get someone who knows something about WLS though. Different issues than for most folks I think.

I'm an at home baker. I've sold Cookies for awhile. Pre-op I ate half of what I baked to sell (which was a lot). Sometimes I'd eat an order and have to remake it.

Since surgery I've pretty much lost my interest in baking. I stopped selling.

Now that I'm 8 mths post op I've started baking again and I give my treats to neighbors, etc. it doesn't bother me a bit. It's rather cathartic actually. I finally realized I just love to bake! I don't need or want to eat it, I just enjoy baking.

I love to bake, and used to bake almost every day. Since surgery, I've baked twice (in 2 years). I don't think about this stuff all the time, but if it's around, I do think about it. I hate that it's that way for me, but it is. At least I have the willpower not to bring it in the house, and I am OK with not baking all the time. But it would be glorious to not want it if it were around.

Last week I baked chocolate chip Cookies for my dad, and I had one small one, and I didn't think it tasted very good. I used to LOVE them when I made them. It made me want to eat a few more to see what was wrong with them.....or see if maybe they just don't taste the same as they used to, to me. Either way, I didn't eat anymore. They were only in the house 12 hours, and so eating one wasn't too bad, but I had to just tell myself no. I don't think I would have tried or been able to stop at one before the sleeve, so that's definitely a blessing!