Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this normal? 2 days post op

I'm only 2 days post op and at the hospital I kept hiccupping which they said was normal. I had no gas pains however whenever I felt a little nauseous I had to burp, which was the only gas I could get through.

When I started on my liquids n the hospital, it was pretty easy to keep it down, I think the only time I threw up a little Water was having a little hiccup/burp attack in the hospital.

When it came time to go home around 5-6, my norco wore off and the ride home was unbearable pain with all the bumps in the road and we live about an hour away. I threw up a little water 2 more times on the way home and tried to fall asleep when I got home.

I took a norco around 7-8 and finally woke up around 10pm to drink some more water. Fell back asleep and woke up in a little pain and had to use the restroom every few hours. I think last night while walking up I maybe threw up a little water maybe 2-3 times and once this morning around 8:30

I took another norco this morning at about 9am and don't have much pain except a little soreness in the main incision.

Has anyone had this problem before?

@@kelseycakes20 We're you prescribed or told to use and anti-acid? If not that might be your problem.

Can you call the doctor's office and ask them? Maybe drink some broth or crystal light? That really helped me. Plain Water made me sick (only for the first couple of months.) Good luck!

@@kelseycakes20 We're you prescribed or told to use and anti-acid? If not that might be your problem.

No they never said anything about an anti acid. How would that help though?

Can you call the doctor's office and ask them? Maybe drink some broth or crystal light? That really helped me. Plain Water made me sick (only for the first couple of months.) Good luck!

Yeahh I can call them. This morning has been much better at keeping my liquids down, fat free milk has been the easiest to actually get down though. I'm going to try a Protein Shake in a little bit because I'm going to need the Protein. Plain water doesn't really make me sick, but it doesn't fill me up, makes be feel hungry if anything lol

@@kelseycakes20 YES!!! I don't understand why some DR don't dont do this as a routine order??! Crazy to me! I take mine every morning, one a day, and if I forget I'm quickly reminded with symptoms like yours. As long as I take it I'm golden. If I were you I would put in a call and ask. They may tell you something different and then again it may really help you.

Edited by Elode

@@kelseycakes20 YES!!! I don't understand why some DR don't dont do this as a routine order??! Crazy to me! I take mine every morning, one a day, and if I forget I'm quickly reminded with symptoms like yours. As long as I take it I'm golden. If I were you I would put in a call and ask. They may tell you something different and then again it may really help you.

Okay thank you! I'll definitely ask

+1 on the antacid! I was told to take a crushed Prilosec (or equivalent) twice a day for 90 days post op. I also noticed that I felt hungrier the one time I forgot and missed it. Definitely something to look into!

+1 on the antacid! I was told to take a crushed Prilosec (or equivalent) twice a day for 90 days post op. I also noticed that I felt hungrier the one time I forgot and missed it. Definitely something to look into!

My mom is going to the store right now so I'll have her pick up some, thank you guys! I'm really hoping that helps! I'm allowed to take it 2 days post op though, right? It won't be to harsh on my new pouch?

They started me on it in the hospital, the morning after surgery. My surgeon said it actually helps the healing process, so it should be fine. If you have concerns, call the doctor!

They started me on it in the hospital, the morning after surgery. My surgeon said it actually helps the healing process, so it should be fine. If you have concerns, call the doctor!

Okay for sure, I really appreciate it!