Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days until surgery

5 DAYS UNTIUL SURGERY!!

I am trying my hardest to put positive vibes out so that I heal and have no/minimal complications

but im always saying "what if"

ive even second thought my surgery, and almost cancelled it.

what if I chicken out the DAY OF?! oh my lord, I am so scared.

I am just venting here. there are a lot of things I think about! leaks, heart problems, blood clots...how did you get through the scary thoughts??

@@deftonestiffany I thought about the positives. And I sang "I'm bringing sexy baaaaack" periodically out of the blue! Funny to me not so much to the family! Every little thing is gonna be ok! Hang in there!

What you are going thru is fairly normal....me...well, I was so excited to get myself on track I couldn't WAIT for surgery!!!

But think about the what-ifs if you DON'T get surgery... it's scarier!!!

I would still be sitting on my couch like Jabba not able to move without the use of a walker...my life was going down the drain fast!

The surgery gave me my life back!

I'm 5 days away too! (Can't believe it!) The nerves haven't hit me yet, and I'm hopeful they won't at all.

A positive mindset is your greatest asset, I think. I try to keep my goals in mind and think about how much I've already worked and changed and had to do to prep for this surgery. The thought of backing out now is just not an option. I'm on day 9 of a 14-day mostly liquid diet and it hasn't even been very hard! Nothing has changed physically in me to make this diet easier yet, but I'm doing it anyway! This is proof to me both of my desire for this chance to change my life for the better, and my capability of meeting these challenges and succeeding. Months ago, I don't think I could have imagined me being able to do what I'm doing already, right in this moment.

It's just setting that positive attitude and refusing to dwell on any other outcome except success. Staying in the NOW is very important too. Don't worry about what might or may happen. Deal with what you have to do right now--drink some Water? Have a shake? Go for a walk? You can do that. All manageable. One step at a time. You got this.

Super normal thoughts! It's important to remember the risks to your surgery! Don't stress. Remember that you are making the right decision and that is your life is about to AMAZINGLY change. The surgery and recovery time is not as long as you think! I was up and walking around while I was still in the post-op room! Just get excited! I would highly recommend not watching Grey's Anatomy...that was a mistake I made 2 days before surgery ;)

Think about it like this. The risk of health complications if you do not make a change are far greater than the risk of complications from surgery. Having surgery is actually the safer bet!

Good luck!

I had taken every precaution possible. I was a compliant patient. I knew I had done all I could. I said a prayer and let it go.

It's totally normal to be scared

I'm 13 days post op and was sooooo scared I cried all the way as they wheeled me to the preop room but I knew it was going to save my life , I have no regrets and never once did. Was a breeze. You will be just fine.

Must be brave, cry if you need to and definatly ask for some relaxation meds to calm down it helped me. I only wish I did this 20 yrs ago !

it's definitley normal to feel that way - I was all over the place emotionally once I arrived at the hospital and was going through pre-op everything seemed to calm down. Keep to the program prescribed for you & everything will be fine. I am 13 days Sleeved & it's the best decision of my life. Good Luck to you