Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

its not cheating

(cheating) on diets is what most of the world does

we are ONLY cheating ourselves however and we know what we are doing when we do it so its not cheating..its a decision we make and choose to do...its a decision you made to do

we know its wrong or we would not ask did i do bad, did i mess up etc..we already know that answer

if you call and tell your doctor, what would they say to you?

most people would NOT call their doctor and so call (confess)

we are normal...however if we continue to think like a dieter, we will get no where...dieting doesnt work...we need to retire that dieting person if we are to be successful in getting healthy and losing weight..all of us on this forum or others failed at dieting so we sought out surgery to help us..WLS will help us lose weight...but WE need to help it.

the reality is this:

3500 calories is a pound (ate or drank) whether its lettuce or doritos or cubed cheese..

it is your decision to use your WLS aid of choice as your doctor advised for best results..

that is our job.. we just need to do it..

Edited by ☠carolinagirl☠

That may very well be our problem, we have had this surgery and wanted to have a new way of life. Maybe you thought that putting an apparatus in your tummy or rewiring your internal organs was going to be that magic bullet and that meant you could continue to live your life making bad choices or choices that were not good for your health, and that these things were going to magically fix it for you.

You could have this surgery and continue to frequent the bakery, the donut shop or the taco stand the hotdog vendor and you would ingest the foods you love and crave and magically with a swallow that food would turn into a super food that has no calories no sugar, provides your body with ultimate nourishment and you could go on doing what you do.

Yes I was that person too, I thought OK I could work this band and not make any changes to my life style. I didn't have to make very many of them after all right? Who needed to exercise, what do you mean take time out to relax? I don't have time for that...I have things to do, I can grab a bar on the go and I'll be fine.

Yeah...nope that's not what happens. For some the surgery is the 2x4 crack in the head they needed to wake up for me it's easy to work around it. I"m not a volume eater, never was...I'm a forgot to eat making bad choices eater. Nothing is going to change that but ME.

WLS is not going to make me healthy. It's not going to get rid of my high blood pressure and diabetes if I keep putting food into it that is counter productive to changing those things.

So @@☠carolinagirl☠ is100% correct when she says we are only cheating ourselves if we do not make the changes necessary both mentally and physically to enhance and work with the tool we have.

because we can (doesnt mean we should)

we are strongly mentally than we allow ourselves to be

so often i read of stalls...some like a week post op

i dont believe in that...stay the course..to me it just means

the scale hasnt caught up yet...up and down/yo yo scale.i lived that

most of my adult life..i no longer do that...i judge my loss on my clothes

aka my jeans ♥

there was once a time i could only wear 5x stretch skirts

and now i am wearing jeans daily...what a difference 2 yrs makes......

motivation...that works for me