Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 months out... What's your progress?

Curious to know the progress of people six months out?

I am 6 months out this weekend. I have lost a total of 91 lbs since first visit last November, and 70 lbs from surgery date. Very pleased with my progress. The first 3 months went so fast...had some problems, but the second 3 months have been problem free. Also weight loss has slowed quite a bit this past 2 months. Had my first stall a while back. No loss for about 4 weeks. Moving about 1 to 2 lbs a week now. 3 this week. Looks like you are doing great as well. Getting close to goal, congrats!

I am 6 1/2 months out. Down 130.

88 pounds since surgery date. Weight has came off steady. I lose in chucks then body plays catch up.. I started at 347HW. SW 305 current weight of last week 217. The inches are amazing. I have went from a size 28/30 to a 14/16. 3-4x to a large/xlarge depending on clothing.

I think my losses could be even more if I could find more time to exercise..

I'm now 7 months out. 83 pounds since surgery which puts me at the number the surgeon told me I could realistically expect to lose. My BMI was exactly 40 on surgery day. I'd be good stopping here. I've increased my calories to 1200 and I'm drinking extra calories to try to slow it down. I put on a pair of pants I've been toting around for 30 years. I wore them in college from 1985-1987. They fit, but very differently than before. My ass is now flat, and my tummy is bigger. They are completely ugly so I would never wear them, but at least I could.

Hi I'm 6 months post opt and down 86 pounds I just came out of another stall but I'm healthy and focus, I'm off all diabetes medication, high blood pressure, as well as high chloysterial . I can now wear a size large shirt from a 3 x and large yogu pants . Work out 5 days a week and can't believe the confidence I have and so many compliments I received. Negative speaking people who I thought were my friends were not they are intimidated by my weight lost because I'm getting so much attention , but positive speaking I have met new like minded healthy people at my gym and I'm feeling great and staying positive. I still hate the stalls but that is to be expected I'm learning how to be me and love me , and focus on me being healthy .

Edited by Cupcake

Everyone is doing awsume keep up the great work this is so exciting to see that we have taken this opportunity to be healthy and we are making the necessary changes to do it, dedication, hard work, making healthy choices are paying off . Thanks for sharing this forum is so inspiring and supportive and I'm proud to have found it .

I'll be 6 mo out in a couple of weeks. I'm down 94lbs from the start of my pre-op liquid diet.

First few months had trouble, but think that was due to an infection in my esophagus (from Thrush they think I had pre-op). Doing well now. My hardest thing now is just taking medication without feeling sick for like it is stuck.

I've also done about 83 lbs post off...

Post op

6 months today ... So far I've lost 81lbs !!! And I couldn't be happier‼️???? ... It's 81 lbs I NEVER want to see again

A little over 7 months and you can see my ticker. I forget sometimes! I'm a slower loser but content!

I'm 6 months today and my HW was 439, SW 382, and today I weigh 287. I haven't weighed under 300lbs in 18 years.

Down 140 since 12/3/14!!

This is comforting to read, as I have been hoping for about 100lbs at the 6-month mark. I'm at about 50 lbs down from 2 months post-op, and I know the weight loss will slow down, but am hoping eating better and all the running I'm doing can net me another 50 lbs over the next 4 months.

In a few days it'll be 6mos post op for me and I'm only down 60 lbs. But I am in a XL shirt and 16/18 pants from 3/4X. I've been the same weight for 2 weeks now but going down in inches. What an I doing wrong? I want to see a lower number on the scale