Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was your most recent NSV? (non-scale victory)

For me, I recently took a trip and was able to fly without a seat belt extender. In fact, I really had to tighten up the seat belt. This is really big for me because I love to travel but I always had anxiety about flying.

Now I have 3 more trips planned over the next 6 months. My treat to myself for my weight loss. The money I am saving by rarely eating out has made this possible!

I guess that is 2 NSVs!

Good for you!

My most recent was realizing that for the last two weeks I've been wearing my first ever pair of designer jeans. Gloria Vanderbilt size 16. I got them at Goodwill off the 18w rack and didn't notice the size. Or the label! I never fit into designer jeans when I was a teen.

I bought fashionable snow boots last night in my correct shoe size. No more buying ugly boots 2 sizes too big to fit my calves.

Fitting into a size 4 jeans and being able to breathe! And going to DIck's Sporting goods for some new yoga pants and hoodies and such because my old ones fall off my butt now and ending up in size SMALL!!! Unbelievable because I think the sizes at Dick's actually run small because I couldn't even fit into their XL last winter.

Speaking of boots. I also bought my first pair of Uggs last week. Even though they are the short boots I didn't think I would be able to wear those prior to surgery. Baby steps!!

Speaking of jeans...when I was in size 16/18ish, I'd buy them really tight in the tummy to try to make it look like I wasn't as big as I was. Of course this was just denial. I'm all of five feet tall so wearing a size that big didn't fool anyone except me. Once I was in size 20 and larger, I just ignored it completely because I was so very large.

But I noticed yesterday slipping into my size 6 jeans, that they were a little loose so I thought I needed to buy a smaller size but when I looked at myself in the mirror, I realized my midsection is so small now that the jeans don't have to be tight anymore because there's alot less to try to hide. In fact, the backside and legs sections are alot worse than the tummy/midsection. That's where the jeans are really looking saggy.

I guess everything is a NSV when you've lost what's tantamount to a whole other human being.

The timing on this thread is perfect as I just experienced a delightful NSV yesterday. It was chilly and I was looking for a sweatshirt to put on...the nearest one was my 13 year old son's size small Hollister sweatshirt. Put it on, zipped it up - rocked it. Ha ha!

Ginger, I love how BariatricPal "unnecessarily censored" your post. Cracks me up.

I ran 6 miles yesterday! Then, today I went to this park that is a giant hill, and ran the whole way uphill for 2 miles! I'm not even that tired.

I brought my mac to a repair place this weekend (Tekserve, for any NYC-based mac users out there) and you always have to wait at least a half hour to speak with someone and the chairs are kind of strange and small. When I walked in and saw how far my number was from being called and then looked at the seats and remembered not fitting into them in the past, I had a momentary panic that I'd have to stand awkwardly in the limited standing space, before realizing - hey, I probably fit in these chairs now - and I did! Total NSV!

I ran 6 miles yesterday! Then, today I went to this park that is a giant hill, and ran the whole way uphill for 2 miles! I'm not even that tired.

That's impressive!

Thanks, I've worked very hard to get where I am. @

walked 2.5 miles today (slowly...but a constant 1.5 hours) with a friend... back in july I couldn't make a mile without feeling like i'd need an ambulance to take me home. also, got a really nice compliment from a friend today... he said you could really see me losing weight and I look good.

My project for this year was to build an underground storm shelter. There was some physical labor involved. I had to move 100,000 pounds of gravel by hand and 50,000 pounds of concrete blocks. I took my time and it didn't seem to be strenuous. I am 66 years old but thanks to the surgery, I have the stamina that I had when I was 35 years old.